you are wrong, in USA, AMERICAN BUSINESS is BUSINESS

來源: ctech 2009-03-12 19:11:20 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2783 bytes)
you are wrong, in USA, AMERICAN BUSINESS is BUSINESS. it does not matter how much education you got, it matters how much you can contribute to the company. For example, ct tech do one ct, that is at least $2000, if it is CT Angio, it is $7-8000. Why do you have to think only a lot of education garateens you a good salary. Phds in many field sometimes can only be postdoc. Postdoc only make 40k a year. I dont like your attitude, first you ask about ct tech, I answered your questions according to my best knowledge. You didnt thank me and you just kept doubting me, then why do you ask if you dont trust me. I really dont like that. Second, maybe you have a lot of education, but most first generation chinese just have to get into a master or phd program to come to USA, many of them actually dont like to study master or phd. For example, one of the anthesthesiologist I know he has MD from china, and he got a phd from an IVY League college and then he matched into anesthesiology residency program and became an anesthesiologist, he told people after him if it is possible, dont do phd. Dont get me wrong, he has first author paper in Science. And one of the pharmacist, he got his pharmacy bachelor in china and a phd in US. But his pharmacy degree in china helped him become a pharmacist in US and he can make a lot as a pharmacist. So more education not always help you make more money. I hate people have this kind of perception that you have to have a master or phd to get a decent job. It is not always true. Trust me, some of the programs in community college actually make much more than master or phd in UCLA or even stanford. For example, Los Angeles City College has a program called
Cinema Television.

http://www.lacitycollege.edu/academic/departments/cinema/index.html

Their graduates all working in Hollywood. Trust me, they make more than even some top Wall Street people.A chinese with good education can make half a million in Wall Street a year, if you are lucky and become a VP in a big investment bank. But for Hollywood, just a three months film, a good camera shooter can make that amount.

There are many good programs in community college, like respiratory therapist, Ultrasound tech,dental hygenist,dental assistants,etc. These programs just takes two years and you can graduate fast and you can get a job very easy and trust me, you can make more than a good university's bachelor degree. Respiratory Therapist new grad can get $29 an hour in los angeles.
I know Wharton School of business their undergraduate makes about 60k a year, some of the top one can make 100k a year just out of wharton undergraduate program, but remember 100k in New York City, it is nothing. 100k in New York can only cover yourself basically.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks. -qiuqiu04- 給 qiuqiu04 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/12/2009 postreply 21:04:29

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”