the feeling of giving up

來源: Cathy_Bay 2009-02-17 17:30:29 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1220 bytes)
I have been leading a minority program for the past 2 years. Have to fight for it every step of the way. Today, I realized that I did give it up despite all the communications and encouragement from my direct superviser. The feeling actually is quite relaxing.

I scheduled a meeting with sr management to discuss how to move to the next step. I somehow felt like a spirit detached from my body and watching a show during the meeting. I was almost a zombie although I presented, answered questions. I was smiling most of the time. But my mind was not there at all. By the end, as usual, I did not get exactly what I wanted but was not completely turned down either. If it were several days ago, I'd be mad again because this meeting to me was a complete waste of time since no decision was made. But today, this detachment simply made me indifferent to whatever happened. My boss seems more eager to move it forward than I do now. I personally do not think this is a good sign for the program, not a healthy situation anyway. But just wonder, if the sr people realize what is going on with me, would they think it is good or bad? Can anyone be a good leader without a passion for what he/she does? Just wonder.

所有跟帖: 

the leader need a cold head more than passion -Kaolin007- 給 Kaolin007 發送悄悄話 (617 bytes) () 02/17/2009 postreply 17:53:32

Thanks for the reply -Cathy_Bay- 給 Cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 (216 bytes) () 02/17/2009 postreply 17:59:35

haha but never show negative -Kaolin007- 給 Kaolin007 發送悄悄話 (361 bytes) () 02/17/2009 postreply 18:05:34

enjoy your reply. -Cathy_Bay- 給 Cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 (275 bytes) () 02/17/2009 postreply 18:39:49

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”