America LaoTu: Database analyst interview

來源: toomany? 2009-02-01 15:12:29 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3156 bytes)
Dear America LaoTu and XDJM,

Please take a look about my Database analyst interview , and give some suggestion.

The interview was set from 10:00am to 11:00am. The location is about 80 minutes from my home, 10 minutes from my hu*****and’s new company(he just changed job).

I signed in at 9:45am in front desk. Just a quick look at sign-in book, there were already 7 interviewers (two Chinese).

No waiting, then the director came out and let me into his office. Asked question:
1. Do you have your resume?
A: Yes. (Give him a copy).

2. Tell me about yourself.
A: ….

3. You know c and c++?
A: Yes. I’m looking for a database analyst position, and more interested in SQL programming.

4. Why are you looking for a new job?
A: My hu*****and changed job, we’ll move here.(I didn’t say I’m taking no pay vacation, because our company is not going well)

5. What’s your salary requirement?
A: I’m opening for any reasonable offer; it depends on the job responsibility.

6. Do you know MS Access, Excel, SQL, VBA…?
A: …

7. I want give you a test. (“Let me see if there’s any computer available.” Then the director went out his office. After couple minutes, he came back.) Let’s do the test on my computer. Show me your programming skill.
A: What programming language do you want me to use?
Director: Database language.
A: Do you want me pull some data from database?
Director: Ok.
A: I’ll create a Database, a table, and input some data, then pull the data using SQL.
Director: That’s it.
(Several minutes later, I created a database, and show him how to use “select … from DB where field1=… and field2=…”)
Director: Very good.

************(Bring me to another room.)
Director: This is XXX(a Chinese MM), she will leave this position. She will tell you more information.

XXX didn’t say any English to me, our talks are all in Chinese.
XXX: From your background, there’s no problem for you to do the database analyst job. (She introduced the daily route. Need a lot communication with Chinese company. The director prefers a person who can speak Chinese. Friday is her last day. The director need a person can start immediately)
The pay is very low, about XXk (20k under average as I checked, not enough for renting a two-bed-room apartment and paying daycare fee), but no pressure, no overtime work. How do you think about it? How soon you can start?
A: I can accept the salary. I need two weeks notice. (I need time to rent a house, and look for new daycare/school for two kids. It’s impossible to drive long way everyday)
……

After our talk, the director came in say bye-bye to me. He will make the final decision in one week.

I sent a thank you note after interview.

I didn’t get any message from the director yet. It seems that I had failed my interview. Although, I may not accept such a low pay offer, I don’t know why I couldn’t get the offer.

Is there anything wrong? I hope I can improve next time. Welcome any inputs. Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

很多情況下,是否給OFFER不是被麵試的人能控製的 -怪哉- 給 怪哉 發送悄悄話 怪哉 的博客首頁 (167 bytes) () 02/01/2009 postreply 15:43:37

未必不給你啊 -龍少爺- 給 龍少爺 發送悄悄話 龍少爺 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2009 postreply 16:46:12

少爺說的對,think positive :) -魔法彩虹- 給 魔法彩虹 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2009 postreply 17:00:17

lack of detailed about yr interview, hard to make review. 3q! -美國老土- 給 美國老土 發送悄悄話 美國老土 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2009 postreply 17:11:45

回複:America LaoTu: Database analyst interview -toomany?- 給 toomany? 發送悄悄話 (195 bytes) () 02/01/2009 postreply 18:41:59

plz ck QQH, snt u z lk of Recorded Teleconference -美國老土- 給 美國老土 發送悄悄話 美國老土 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2009 postreply 20:26:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”