In Canada federal government, many employees

來源: jennybunny 2009-01-19 12:41:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1166 bytes)
will come back to work as a consultant after retirement. So I know a lot of people, of course they need to make to at least a senior level or usually manager level, come back as a consultant after they retire at around 60. Normally a guy in this case can make around $200K per year from the consulting work, plus their pension income, which is 70% of the average of highest 5 years' salary, which is normally at around $80K, their total annual income would be around $300K.

I know a few consultants in my office are doing this. They will work for another 5 years till they are 65, make about 1million from consulting ($200K per year for 5 years), then they will trully retire. And many of them will buy a house in the South such as Florida and will live there during the winter, then come back to Canada for the other three seasons.

I do not see this as a "loser strategy". Of course, there are some people who always think only the U.S. is the best, just like when we were in China, there are a few students in our class, who were born in Beijing, would always say that Beijing is the best, and all the other cities in China are "loser cities".

所有跟帖: 

總算有個知音 這是第二代小移民大學畢業的首選 竟爭最激烈 -hhhh- 給 hhhh 發送悄悄話 hhhh 的博客首頁 (479 bytes) () 01/19/2009 postreply 14:08:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”