If there are on written policies in place, create them;

if the policies are out of date, update them. Then get them approved by your boss and distribute to everyone. What you will do is following the policies and enforce the policies get properly executed at all times.

I guess the point is you don't want your boss to feel he has to baby-sitting you while you think you should get some authorizations from him. You probably want to continue communicating with him, and I think preparing some written policies would be a good start point to talk about"authorizations".

You gotta be tough and confident to be a research associate, otherwise even newcomers will take advantage of your personality ( if not they just didn't know they should ask you first).You are doing your job after all.On the other hand, don't take anything personally - " 對事不對人“。Even you don't get formal authorization from your boss, you still need to adhere to your responsibilities.

Just my 2 cents

所有跟帖: 

If there are NO written policies in place -看那月光- 給 看那月光 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/08/2009 postreply 23:16:58

true, -nopanic- 給 nopanic 發送悄悄話 (342 bytes) () 01/08/2009 postreply 23:20:50

By reading LZ's secondary post, seems to me he -看那月光- 給 看那月光 發送悄悄話 (206 bytes) () 01/08/2009 postreply 23:37:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!