這是ChatGPT的回答(似乎不隻是cover car damage,也包括人身傷害):

來源: 6degrees 2024-05-30 10:49:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2312 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 6degrees ] 在 2024-05-30 10:51:15 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

問:When my friend drives my car and involve in accident, will my car insurance apply to my friend?

ChatGPT 的回答:

Generally, car insurance follows the vehicle rather than the driver. This means that if your friend is driving your car with your permission and is involved in an accident, your car insurance will typically cover the damages. Here’s how it usually works:

Liability Coverage: Your liability coverage will pay for damages your friend causes to other people’s property and for their medical expenses if your friend is at fault in the accident.

Collision Coverage: If your car is damaged in the accident, your collision coverage will pay for the repairs to your vehicle, regardless of who was driving.

Comprehensive Coverage: If the damage to your car is due to something other than a collision (e.g., theft, vandalism, or weather-related damage), your comprehensive coverage will apply.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If your friend is hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver, your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will protect them and the vehicle.

However, there are some important points to consider:

Permissive Use: The coverage typically applies if your friend had your permission to drive the car. Some policies may have restrictions or additional conditions for permissive use.

Named Driver Exclusions: If your policy has specific exclusions for certain drivers (e.g., a named driver exclusion), those individuals would not be covered if they drive your car.

Deductibles: If a claim is made, you would still be responsible for paying any applicable deductibles.

Policy Limits: Your insurance policy limits will apply in the event of a claim. If the damages exceed your policy limits, your friend’s insurance may serve as secondary coverage.

Frequent Use: If your friend frequently drives your car, it's advisable to add them to your policy as a listed driver to avoid any potential coverage issues.

To be sure about the specific terms and conditions of your policy, it's always a good idea to review your policy documents or contact NJM directly for clarification.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”