My post was pretty clear about that, I hope

來源: Lyedge 2010-02-21 20:35:15 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2774 bytes)
回答: 請看著兩張照片。Lyedge2010-02-21 19:05:16
"這幾點其實也有人提到過。被大多數人拿來罵“開個Camry會需要用這些技巧嗎?”確實不用。但豐田(和其他公司)都沒有說隻在Camry這種車上裝 Brake Override啊。"

That was the point of my post. The system is obviously intended for normal driving, and I'm just giving people extra scenarios to think about, because after all, the system is not just installed on sedans and is going to operate under all conditions that the car/SUV is operating under.

You still missed my point about brake light stuck on. I'm not saying Brake Override will hold the brake on. I am saying some cars have the brake switch stuck on (you can see from the brake light, it's always on) - maybe just caused by a mis-adjusted switch . For those cars, the Brake Override software will think the driver is braking. And like I said if the software is as simple as "braking? then close throttle", then the drivers won't be able to drive off in those cars.

Again, like I said, this software establishes a dependency between brakes and engine. This is just a description of how a brake-switch-stuck-on failure can cause a bad effect, because of that dependency (if the software is so simple).

And,I never said you need to "ride on brakes" in racing. Heel-and-toe is obviously a racing technique where both brakes and throttle are applied simultaneously, but the clutch should be off for that moment (and if you're fancy using double de-clutching, then you'll be in neutral when both brakes and throttle are applied). Again, what I said there is simply: throttle apply doesn't always mean acceleration.

Since you're into racing, let me also introduce a less known racing technique that uses left foot braking. It's well understood that it could be hard to get a FWD car to rotate in the corner. One solution from the driver's perspective is throttle hard with the right foot and brake a little with the left foot in the corner. When both are modulated correctly, the effect of engine power and brake power will cancel out on the front wheels, allowing them to corner well. At the same time, since the brake power on the rear is not balanced by engine power (FWD), the rear wheels can go into a little brake slip helping the car to rotate. This is obviously a very difficult technique to master, which is why it's almost a lost art. But in certain situations this is the only way to rotate the car quick enough for early acceleration.

Anyway, that's just another situation where braking is not for slowing down, but to create extra rotation. Like I said, the whole point I was trying to make in that part of the essay is that braking doesn't always signal the intention to slow down and throttling doesn't always show the desire to accelerate.

所有跟帖: 

The Toyota brake override will work when speed is over 30 mph -tsc12- 給 tsc12 發送悄悄話 (44 bytes) () 02/21/2010 postreply 20:53:45

很有道理! -雨鶴- 給 雨鶴 發送悄悄話 雨鶴 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/22/2010 postreply 10:59:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”