請教:車禍,wrong information on 警察report. What can I do?

來源: TXTX!! 2009-10-12 12:37:03 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1597 bytes)
My father was hit by a car when he walked across the street (the car was turning right too fast). I got the report from police and noticed the police only wrote down the driver's words, which was not the same as what my father told me, and the report also indicated the police couldn't get the words from my father because of the language issue -- my father doesn't speak English.

My father said he was hit from behind and the place he fell down was on the left side of the car. However, on the report, the driver said my father ran into his car's path when the car turned right, and the car's right side mirror hit my father. Before the police came, some people helped my father move back to the side of the road, saying to avoid the traffic. My father sit at the side of the road -- it was on the right side of that car then.

My father was sent to hospital by ambulance later for check-up. Now we got the bill from the hospital because there was no driver's insurance information provided to the hospital. When I looked at the report, I didn't see the driver's insurance information, either. Does it mean the police belives what the driver said and thought it was my father's fault?

It is like a "he said... she said..." situation. However, is there anything we can do to correct the report -- at least add my father's words there? Is there a way to get the driver's insurance information? Any chance to let the driver's insurance company to pay the bill?

I appreciate for any reply/suggestions! Thanks a lot!
Sorry I cannot type in Chinese.

所有跟帖: 

回複:請教:車禍,wrong information on 警察report. What can I do? -dayuwang- 給 dayuwang 發送悄悄話 (265 bytes) () 10/12/2009 postreply 15:02:54

I have similar case to yours, hit by a car on bicycle recently -cire622- 給 cire622 發送悄悄話 (796 bytes) () 10/12/2009 postreply 16:28:16

回複:請教:車禍,wrong information on 警察report. What can I do? -oneusdollar- 給 oneusdollar 發送悄悄話 (201 bytes) () 10/12/2009 postreply 18:50:18

Thanks for all the reply!!! -TXTX!!- 給 TXTX!! 發送悄悄話 (595 bytes) () 10/13/2009 postreply 02:55:05

Bring accident report to your auto insurance agent to dig out th -cire622- 給 cire622 發送悄悄話 (302 bytes) () 10/13/2009 postreply 18:17:02

回複:Bring accident report to your auto insurance agent to dig out -TXTX!!- 給 TXTX!! 發送悄悄話 (186 bytes) () 10/15/2009 postreply 01:44:49

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”