Since we are talking about "ideal" situations, your way is as go

來源: UberAlles 2009-07-03 08:29:58 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1642 bytes)
But I take it that you agree with the Strong Form of Golden Horsepower then? That the HP curve doesn't matter after all?

I actually think there's something missing in TBz's proposed proof, and the Strong Form doesn't hold after all.

The point is that although the "proof" seems to establish one particular transmission where absolute best acceleration is achieved, actually it is always possible to squeeze out a little more acceleration at lower speeds, therefore there are always certain kinds of acceleration competitions where the HP curve still matters.

The construction of counterexample is funny too. Remember the F0 at speeds under V0? Well it depends on the friction coefficient between the tire and the road, and what does the friction coefficient depend on? The weight at the driving wheels. If the car is two-wheel drive with transmission located near the driving wheels, increasing the weight of the transmission by an amount of X will increase F0 by a bigger factor than total vehicle weight, hence marginally increase acceleration below V0. Furthermore, it lowers the V0 where tires do not spin. During this brief moment, it is no longer always optimal to keep engine rpm at R0 (where HP is peak). And then an engine with better HP curve wins the acceleration test marginally, up to V0.

The analogy is: If you increase the final drive ratio of your transmission, you'll increase the likelihood of wheel spin, but then if you put a sandbag in your trunk, you reduce wheel spin and have faster acceleration (up to a point, after that the higher weight still hurts you).

所有跟帖: 

Are you assume the transmisstion is ideal or not? -wolfmanii- 給 wolfmanii 發送悄悄話 (869 bytes) () 07/03/2009 postreply 21:40:08

"Ideal" to me means: -UberAlles- 給 UberAlles 發送悄悄話 (415 bytes) () 07/06/2009 postreply 05:55:51

Now I understand your definition of "ideal transmission" -wolfmanii- 給 wolfmanii 發送悄悄話 (940 bytes) () 07/06/2009 postreply 11:25:43

If same "ideal" transmission (you definition) applies to both en -wolfmanii- 給 wolfmanii 發送悄悄話 (295 bytes) () 07/06/2009 postreply 11:32:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”