周末一笑: 警察的熱心(ZT)

來源: 南山鬆 2015-08-14 20:32:25 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4786 bytes)

1 警察的熱心

I was surprised to learn that my 72-year-old mother dared to drive 900 miles in a 12-year-old car to visit me. When asked how she made out, she told me just fine...until her second night. She had filled the gas tank and didn't have the money for a motel room.

"What did you do?" I asked.

" Well, "she began, “I was driving through this small town and feeling very sleepy. A policeman pulled me over and asked if I had been drinking.  When I told him no, he wanted to know why I was weaving all over the road, I explained my situation, ‘Follow me, ”he ordered. We then drove to a motel where the nice officer paid for my night's lodging.

"As he was leaving, " Mother continued, ”he turned to me and said, ‘Ma'am,the next time you have to visit your daughter, please take another route.'”

2 副作用

One morning I opened the door to get the newspaper and was surprised to see a strange little dog with our paper in his mouth. Delighted with this unexpected “delivery Service", I fed him some treats. The following morning I was horrified to see the same dog sitting in front of our door wagging his tail, surrounded by eight newspapers.

I spent the rest of that morning returning the papers to their owners.

3 母親與教師

I teach middle-school choir and occasionally have my own children in class. One day my son asked if he could have a pencil. As a teacher, I normally do not lend items to unprepared students; but as a mother, I help my children whenever I can. I asked my son whether he was speaking to his teacher or his mother.  He replied, “It depends on who has the pencil."

4 挑戰

A woman found a note on the coffee-shop menu: "We will pay you$10 if you order a sandwich we can't make.” She ordered an elephant-ear sandwich.  After several minutes, the waitress returned and said, ”Here's your  $ 10,ma'am.  We can't make that sandwich."

“I'm not surprised," answered the woman. “Where would you ever get elephant ears?"

"Oh, it's not the ears," said the waitress. ”We're out of those big buns."

5 新朋友

When my wife, Diana, and I met a new couple at church one Sunday, we stopped to introduce ourselves and to exchange pleasantries.  We described the friendly neighborhood we lived in, and listened sympathetically as they lamented that theirs was just the opposite.

Saying our good-byes, we got in our cars and drove home. As we approached our house, we were horrified to see that our new-found friends were pulling into the driveway next to ours.

6 我當您的兒子

Shortly after our teen-age son started his first job at a family restaurant, we decided to surprise him by having dinner there one night. I was warned by other family members not to embarrass him by making it obvious I was his mother. Being an exuberant parent, I found this difficult but managed to act like other customers. I kept my head bent over the menu and politely accepted silverware and a glass of water---all without glancing up.

I realized I may have been a bit too successful in keeping my distance when my son stared pointedly at me and said, “Hello, my name is Andrew, and I'll be your son for this evening.”

所有跟帖: 

#1,哈哈,警察怕老奶奶把自己搞破產了~~ -肖莊- 給 肖莊 發送悄悄話 肖莊 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2015 postreply 21:46:13

哈哈, 我真希望遇到這樣的警察:)肖莊, 周末快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/15/2015 postreply 07:12:13

“It depends on who has the pencil." What a witty reply. LOL -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (53 bytes) () 08/16/2015 postreply 20:31:23

嗯, 很機智的回答:) 問好婉蕠,新周快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/17/2015 postreply 17:37:32

Haha, what new neighbors! -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/18/2015 postreply 12:54:54

哈哈, 問好葉子, 周中快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/18/2015 postreply 19:07:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”