周末一笑:Parking Expenses

來源: 南山鬆 2014-09-20 04:52:01 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (12772 bytes)
1 Parking Expenses 停車費
A businessman walked into a New York City bank and asked for the loan officer. He said he was going to Europe on business for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000.
The loan officer said the bank would need some security for such a loan. The business man then handed over the keys to a Rolls Royce that was parked on the street in front of the bank.
Everything checked out and the loan officer accepted the car as collateral for the loan. An employee then drove the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parked it there.
Two weeks later the businessman returned, repaid the $5,000 and the interest which came to $15.41. The loan officer said, "We do appreciate your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a bit puzzled. While you were away we checked and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why you would bother to borrow $5,000?"
The business man replied: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for 2 weeks for 15 bucks?"

2 How did you start the flood? 你是怎麽引起洪水的?
A doctor vacationing on the Riviera met a lawyer friend and asked him what he was doing there.
The lawyer replied, " I'm here because my house burned down, and the insurance company paid for everything. What are you doing here?"
"That's quite a coincidence," said the doctor "I'm here because my house were destroyed by a flood, and my insurance company also paid for everything."
The lawyer looked puzzled. "Gee," he asked, "how did you start the flood?"

3 Blonde Detectives 美女偵探
A policeman was interrogating 3 blondes who were training to become detectives.
To test their skills in recognizing a suspect,he shows the first blonde a picture for 5 seconds and then hides it.
"This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?"
The first blonde answers,"That's easy, we'll catch him fast because he only has one eye!"
The policeman says, "Well...uh...that's because the picture shows his profile."

Slightly flustered by this ridiculous response, he flashes the picture for 5 seconds at the second blonde and asks her, "This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?"

The second blonde giggles, flips her hair and says,

"Ha! He'd be too easy to catch because he has only one ear!" 

The policeman angrily responds,"What's the matter with you two? Of course only one eye and one ear are showing because it's a picture of his profile! Is that the best answer you can come up with?" 
Extremely frustrated at this point,he shows the picture to the third blonde and in a very testy voice asks,

"This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?"

He quickly adds "... think hard before giving me a stupid answer."

The blonde looks at the picture intently for a moment and says, "Hmmmm... the suspect wears contact lenses."

The policeman is surprised and speechless because he really doesn't know himself  if the suspect wears contacts or not. "Well, that's an interesting answer...“wait here for a few minutes while I check his file and I'll get back to you on that.
He leaves the room and goes to his office,checks the suspect's file in his computer,and comes back with a beaming smile on his face. "Wow! I can't believe it... it's TRUE! The suspect does in fact wear contact lenses.

Good work! How were you able to make such an astute observation?"

"That's easy," the blonde replied. "He can't wear regular glasses because he only has one eye and one ear."

4 Taking attendance點名
On my first day of classes at my University I took a front-row seat in my literature course.
The professor told us we would be responsible for reading five books, and that he would provide us with a list of authors from which we could choose. Then he ambled over to the lectern, took out his class book and began,
"Baker, Black, Brooks, Carter, Cook..." I was working feverishly to get down all the names when I felt a tap on my shoulder. The student in back of me whispered, "He's taking attendance."

5 Bargain 討價還價
My son, a used-car dealer, showed his customer a 2005 Chevy in great condition.
"And it's only $7, 000," he told the man.
"I'm willing to give you $3, 500," said the customer.
My son feigned disappointment. "If at all possible," he responded, "I'd like to sell you the whole car."

6 Prepare Yourself. 自己做好準備

A story around campus has it that a student once sent a telegram to his parents reading:"Mo-flunked all courses. Kicked out of school. Prepare Pop."

Two days later he received a response:"Pop prepared. Prepare yourself.”

(from Internet)

所有跟帖: 

haha. Thank you, Song! Have a nice weekend -慧惠- 給 慧惠 發送悄悄話 慧惠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 05:53:17

問好慧惠,周末快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 18:52:40

A shrewd businessman & funny blondes jokes,etc.Thanks,Songsong. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 10:04:38

謝謝祤湫霖喜歡,周末快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 18:53:18

LOL. Thanks for sharing. -dandelion1- 給 dandelion1 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 12:15:44

問好dandelion1, 周末快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 18:54:13

第一個很幽默。 謝分享! -winterstorm9- 給 winterstorm9 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 12:42:13

謝謝winterstorm9欣賞,周末快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 18:54:52

有一個詞不認識 - lectern -abookl- 給 abookl 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 18:48:08

剛查了一下,是"講台"的意思:) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 18:56:09

what about podium? -abookl- 給 abookl 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2014 postreply 10:41:57

也是"講台".兩個意思一樣吧. -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2014 postreply 16:41:56

謝謝鬆鬆給我們帶來的歡樂!周末快樂! -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2014 postreply 21:31:18

問好葉子! 新周快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2014 postreply 16:42:53

Lol, the whole car, the " be prepared" son! thanks song^_^ -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2014 postreply 10:13:16

哈哈, Yanzi, I never know how to buy a half car~Yanzi, have a nice -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2014 postreply 16:44:20

哈哈,問好小曼,新周快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/22/2014 postreply 18:33:44

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”