貼篇習作:My Diet Theories

來源: 羊岡 2013-01-05 21:45:28 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3535 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 羊岡 ] 在 2013-01-07 03:32:05 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Most diet theories are scientifically unsound, but some are effective ── in discouraging people from eating. Here I offer two, hopefully effective ones.

1. The amount of food, that is, the amount of energy, one can consume in her/his lifetime is pre-determined (by goodness knows who and how). Quota, if you will. So if you eat more every day, you use up your quota sooner. What happens if I use up my quota? Oh, you die. Sorry.

1. Hunger is a natural and healthy status of life. For a very long time in human evolution, starving was (and still is, in many parts of the world) the number one threat to life. Whoever ate faster, ate more, and thereby accumulated more fat, had better chances to survive famines that were sure to come. As a result, we are all overeaters by inheritance. We feel hungry way too early and too often than we should, and we are not satiated until we eat too much ── our brains are trying to build up for famines that never come (for us lucky ones, thank God). So we need to re-train our brains to take hunger as a signal of well-being, not a life-threatening urge to eat. Try to tell yourself:  “Hunger is good; hunger is healthy; hunger is beautiful; and I love hunger.”

By the way, it is not all that bad to be hungry. You stay alert and do things faster when you are hungry, as your brain wants you to fight for your life. And you get an immediate payback ── your food tastes a lot better. How about a long term payback? You get to live longer, in better shape.

In his June 2005  Stanford  University graduation commencement speech, Steve Jobs (Apple founder and CEO) quoted the tag line of The Whole Earth Catalog: "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish". While it is obvious that “stay hungry” here means to stay mentally hungry ── for knowledge, there is no harm to take it physiologically also.

所有跟帖: 

寫的棒極了,既風趣幽默又給人啟迪。歡迎羊岡來美語論壇。 -紓珈- 給 紓珈 發送悄悄話 紓珈 的博客首頁 (1140 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 05:47:51

謝謝,是斑竹?你很親切哦。 -羊岡- 給 羊岡 發送悄悄話 羊岡 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 09:33:19

問好,有空就常來發帖灌水呀,喜歡讀你寫的文章。 -紓珈- 給 紓珈 發送悄悄話 紓珈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 09:34:44

回複:貼篇習作:My Diet Theories -bmdn- 給 bmdn 發送悄悄話 (106 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 07:03:30

就是。肥胖的原因千頭萬緒,歸根結底,就是一句話:吃飽了撐的。 -羊岡- 給 羊岡 發送悄悄話 羊岡 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 09:34:57

自己翻譯:我的節食理論 -羊岡- 給 羊岡 發送悄悄話 羊岡 的博客首頁 (2138 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 14:31:05

熱烈歡迎羊岡來美壇玩!E文寫得幽默可讀性強! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 22:47:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”