周末一笑: A new employee

來源: 南山鬆 2014-05-31 06:21:23 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (10237 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 南山鬆 ] 在 2014-05-31 11:54:58 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

1 A new employee 新員工 

Several weeks after a young man had been hired, he was called into the personnel director's office.

"What is the meaning of this?" the director asked. "When you applied for the job, you told us you had five years' experience. Now we discover this is the first job you ever held."

"Well, "the young man said, "in your advertisement you said you wanted somebody with imagination. "

2 Why didn't you go with him? 你為什麽不跟他一起去呢? 

When l was in the grocery store I heard my friend moan, "Oh, did I just make a faux pas!" I stopped thumping melons and gave her my full attention.

"I ran into Mrs. Jones," she wailed. "I didn't know that her hu*****and died last week, and I asked her how he was feeling. She said, Hes gone. I assumed he went someplace for his healthand I said.."

The words seemed to stick in her throat.

"What did you say? ¨l prodded her. "Good riddance?"

"Worse than that. I said, 'Why didn't you go with him?'"

3 The new baby新生兒

Mr. and Mrs. Taylor had a seven-year-old boy named Pat. Now Mrs. Taylor was expecting another child.

Pat had seen babies in other people's houses and had not liked them very much, so he was not delighted about the news that there was soon going to be one in his house too.

One evening Mr. and Mrs. Taylor were making plans for the baby's arrival. "This house won't be big enough for us all when the baby comes,” said Mr. Taylor.

Pat came into the room just then and said, "What are you talking about? "We were saying that we"have to move to another house now ,because the new baby's coming," his mother answered.

“It’s no use," said Pat hopelessly, "He'll follow us there."

4 Have you ceased beating your wife? 你停止打你妻子了嗎? 

This story is told of browbeating counsel, who habitually endeavored to terrorize his opponent's witnesses.

One witness rather tended to preface his replies with lengthy explanations.

“I want 'yes' or ‘no,’” thundered counsel. "There is no need for you to argue the point!"

“But there are some questions which cannot be answered by ' yes' or no,’" mildly responded the witness.

"There are not!" snapped the lawyer.

"Oh," said the witness, "answer this then: "Have you ceased beating your wife?"

5 An advertisement for modem bicycle摩登自行車廣告 

Tom saw an advertisement in a newspaper for a beautiful modern bicycle which cost50, so he went to the shop to have a look.

After examining the bicycle carefully, Tom turned to the shopkeeper and said, "There isn't a lamp on this bicycle, but there was one on the bicycle in your advertisement.” "Yes, sir, "answered the shopkeeper, "but the lamp isn't included in the price of the bicycle. It’s an extra.""Not included in the price of bicycle?" Tom said angrily, "But' that's not honest. lf the lamp's in the advertisement, it should have been included in the price you gave there.

"Well, sir, "answered the shopkeeper calmly, "there is also a girl on the bicycle in our advertisement, shall we supply one for you too?"  

6 The top nine most popular reasons for not doing homework: 
九個不做作業最流行的借口: 

1. My computer crashed and l lost it.

2. I finished my homework but then I deleted it by accident.

3. I could not print it out.

4. My internet was down so I could not do any research.

5I lost my laptop.

6. My dad's computer was hacked by the Russians and they stole my homework

7. A burglar stole my printed-out homework along with the computer

8. The PC exploded when our dog went to the toilet on it.

9. I accidentally tipped a bottle of cider over the computer and broke

(from internet)

所有跟帖: 

An impossible new employee -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 08:37:11

In this world, anything may happen~~~ -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 18:21:56

You never know something happens unexpectedly~~~ -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 18:25:07

You jokes cheer us up for for the weekend,端午節快樂(^.^) -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 11:54:08

Thanks Yanzi,端午節快樂(^.^) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 18:26:07

哈哈笑暈了: Worse than that. I said, 'Why didn't you go with him?'" -樂星- 給 樂星 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 12:32:21

Yes, that's too bad~~~~ -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 18:27:05

What are the top 3 reasons for -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (45 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 17:45:22

1. Has not read. 2. Busy. 3.I don't know.~~~ -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/31/2014 postreply 18:30:13

3. Don't know what to say? -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (48 bytes) () 06/01/2014 postreply 09:17:03

I agree :) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2014 postreply 11:24:04

haha, I feel sorry for the director who hired such an imaginary -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2014 postreply 01:55:55

Yes, poor director~~~ -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2014 postreply 11:25:23

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”