Viator價格常常outdated.如果你訂後沒收到provider的確認那是Viator根本沒確認booking

本文內容已被 [ goingplaces ] 在 2022-10-04 19:00:37 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

你應該收到 provider 本身的確認,而不是隻有 Viator 的 confirmation.
Viator is nothing more just a booking platform where any providers can put their offerings on the site.  The issues are, these providers have NO obligation to honor the booking.  IIRC Viator also have wordings in their T&Cs that the booking is subjected to confirmation by the seller. 

What you saw before probably was the low season prices which indeed can be only 1/2 of the high season prices which started from Oct or Nov thru Feb or Mar.  On the local platforms,  they list the low season prices upfront, then when you click to the pricing details, 3 levels of prices are listed.

In fact there was a report just a few weeks ago that someone said his bookings were canceled soon after he booked, each time.   But the same tour he booked was still available on Viator for sale.  He finally found the contact info of the provider - who at first lied to him saying the bank card did not work.  But according to the bank, there was NEVER an attempt to charge his card.  Then the provider said it was canceled by Viator.   At the end the provider  eventually admitted it was canceled by him, the provider, because the prices were too low.  He claimed he could not change the prices on Viator platform therefore resorted to cancel bookings.

This has happened a lot on bookings made on Nile cruises and been sporadically discussed on Trip Advisor.  

I have told you many times the Nov Nile cruises were selling very briskly when you were hunting for "bargains".   I even gave you a couple links of booking platforms operated in Egpt, i.e. local.  But you feel the prices were too high...  Well, may be their prices are the true prices, just saying. 

You may want to check this site again.  I dont know how much it is higher than the "bargain" you hunted down on Viator.  Just a cursory look, their prices are not much more than I first checked a couple months ago.

https://www.luxorandaswan.com/Egypt/nile-cruises/luxor-aswan-nile-cruises

https://www.luxorandaswan.com/Egypt/cruise/Nile-Premium-Nile-cruise-

You can see the prices can vary a lot in 3 seasons, and 3 categories - triple, double and single occupance.

This is the boat Misr finally put us on when the original one was sold out almost 3 months ago when we were in the finalization of the itinerary.  They first downgraded us to a cheaper boat with small price deduction.  I told my rep to find equivalent or better boat, and I dont mind to pay a small upgrade cost.  The rep came back with this boat, and added $30 pp additional on the Tour cost.

That said,  Viator is good to use for booking port excursions according to posters on cruise critics. 

Also worth to mention even though you may not use transportation services but insist doing it on your own - some sites specify their prices are REAL TIME, i.e. what you agree to pay now, is what it is.  But many sites do not guarantee such.

A few days ago someone reported in TripAdvisor that one Very Reputable transportation provider informed him the price he got for a Cairo airport transport (in LE) was wrong, and the new quote shold be such and such.  When he came on Trip Advisor to ask for advices,  everyone told him the previous quote was definitely a mistake because it was 340 LE from airport to Giza while normal rate should be in 450 LE range...  And that was the rate stated in provider's email which admitted the booking made 3 months ago was misquoted.  And this is the most reputable transportation provider for Cairo airport transfer.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!