you sure foreigner can buy the cheap train ticket?

來源: goingplaces 2022-08-09 16:55:28 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3143 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ goingplaces ] 在 2022-08-09 17:02:32 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: Good point!威伯2022-08-09 15:05:12

Unless they change the rules since Pandemic,  else the cheap train tickets are not allowed to sell to the foreigners.  Besides, you really prefer to sit in the train for over 9 hours versus spend less than $100?   We would not even spend over 9 hours in a coach flight.  For saving $70 you are willing to take the torture on the body?  I dont get it.

Do you not plan for ANY sight seeing day(s) in Cairo? 

Transportation between CAI all depends on traffic at what time of the day.  It could be as short as 30min between CAI and Center, or an hour+.  No way to predict.

We always waste time on our arrival and departure day on every single trip that involves flights.  We simply dont want to maximize the usage of time which inevitably would make the trip rather hectic.  So the first day we would waste the time in AMM by leaving at 2:35pm versus at 11:30am,  simply we again want to have a leisurely breakfast before heading to AMM for the flight.  Therefore we would arrive CAI at 4pm versus 1pm.  Traffic would be about the same from CAI to Mena House, about 2 hrs,  I am told by those who visit Cairo often. 

We have 2 separate stays at Cairo.  First 3 days and last day, with the Upper Egypt (or the South Egypt) in the middle.  The first 35K night now 40K night gives us VERY LITTLE TIME to really enjoy the hotel, and the corniche due to we would return to the hotel very late probably early evening,  then the next day have to leave for the airport at 10:45am,  not enough time to allow a leisurely breakfast.

Our last day in Cairo and the following day depart for London, give us 1.5 full days in Cairo.  Staying at St. Regis would be more beneficial than staying at IC, despite have to pay an additional 5K.

I dont remember the Marriott conference hotel near MAD has a M Club.  I only remember it is a HUGE conference hotel,  that we got lost in the many halls just trying to find the bars and restaurants...  That was several years ago. 

You should stay at Sheraton On The Park when in Sydney.  This is the best BonVoy property in Sydney - much better than the Marriott by the harbour.   Their lounge is comparable to those found in Asia.  I guess there is no need to elaborate how good the chain hotel lounges in Asia are.   I guess you have not been in a BonVoy hotel lounge that serves raw rock oyster on the shell, and palm size pink shrimp every evening, among a myriad of other offerings.  That was what Sheraton OTP served.  Sadly the oyster and shrimp were gone from the Pandemic and have yet to return.  Probably never return.  BTW it is owned by a big Chinese company which flag also flies together with the Sheraton flag outside the hotel on the wall.  A lot of young Chinese couples even not stayed there but would go there to take photoes on the double stairs in the hall.

I miss the amenities in Asian chain hotels.

所有跟帖: 

無機呀,還在看… -威伯- 給 威伯 發送悄悄話 威伯 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/09/2022 postreply 18:41:28

Lipstick on a pig The Nile Ritz Carlton -goingplaces- 給 goingplaces 發送悄悄話 (4318 bytes) () 08/10/2022 postreply 17:11:41

That’s so funny. I’ll go with Regis, it’s a newer property. -威伯- 給 威伯 發送悄悄話 威伯 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/10/2022 postreply 18:45:34

One more thing -威伯- 給 威伯 發送悄悄話 威伯 的博客首頁 (377 bytes) () 08/10/2022 postreply 21:46:22

Trip Advisor posters said permit is required to go 但是具體情況我不知 -goingplaces- 給 goingplaces 發送悄悄話 (429 bytes) () 08/11/2022 postreply 08:17:39

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”