"Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,"這是要推翻Roe v Wade判例

來源: alwaysluck 2022-05-06 13:10:37 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (8809 bytes)

"Roe was egregiously wrong from the start," 這是要推翻Roe v Wade判例draft中的第一句話

在參議會聽證會上,手按聖經對上帝宣誓過的大法官們,麵對全美直播下,紅口白牙地回答對Roe v Wade判例的看法:

怎麽現在變成“Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,"?他們這不是在玩弄法律嗎?還有什麽integrity?truth?decency?

Neil Gorsuch (2017):took the uncontroversial line that Roe is a precedent. Precedent is the "anchor of law," he said. "It is the starting place for a judge."

"I would tell you that Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court. It has been reaffirmed," he said. "A good judge will consider it as precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court worthy as treatment of precedent like any other."

Brett Kavanaugh (2018):"It is settled as a precedent of the Supreme Court, entitled the respect under principles of stare decisis," he said. "The Supreme Court has recognized the right to abortion since the 1973 Roe v. Wade case. It has reaffirmed it many times."

Samuel Alito (2006):"Roe v. Wade is an important precedent of the Supreme Court. It was decided in 1973, so it has been on the books for a long time," he said. "It is a precedent that has now been on the books for several decades. It has been challenged. It has been reaffirmed. But it is an issue that is involved in litigation now at all levels."

Pressed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on whether the issue of Roe had been settled by the court, Alito again refused to answer directly.

"It would be wrong for me to say to anybody who might be bringing any case before my court, 'If you bring your case before my court, I'm not even going to listen to you. I've made up my mind on this issue. I'm not going to read your brief. I'm not going to listen to your argument. I'm not going to discuss the issue with my colleagues. Go away — I've made up my mind,' "he said

詳情見以下lin?k

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03/1096108319/roe-v-wade-alito-conservative-justices-confirmation-hearings

謝謝"未完的歌”提供的以上Link

所有跟帖: 

說是法律的先例,代表不能推翻?憲法都能修正啊 -未完的歌- 給 未完的歌 發送悄悄話 未完的歌 的博客首頁 (1728 bytes) () 05/06/2022 postreply 13:26:26

拜托你一字一句讀一下英文吧!這些如何與egregious wrong from the start 聯係起來?請解釋一下 -alwaysluck- 給 alwaysluck 發送悄悄話 alwaysluck 的博客首頁 (149 bytes) () 05/06/2022 postreply 13:49:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”