The answer is yes.Two ways.

來源: james8418 2013-05-29 07:50:58 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1917 bytes)
Call and check from the city where you worked ( your hukou must be in that city) and see how many months of credit they have given you. Say 6 years that means 72 moths, Youn will need to make contribution for 108 months that means 9 years. You can make contribution if you still can make contribution for 180 months before you reach 55 for man or 50 for woman. Fro example, a man is 45 years old (before his 46 year birthday) you can still make contribution month by month until he reaches 55 to get 180 motnh of credit.

I know in Shanghai man over 45 and woman over 40 makes contribution as self-employed could make half contribution for 3 years. ie. this years contribution is $200, you can make $100 this year. Next year's rate is $220(for example), you will pay $110 but no more than 3 years to get this discount contribution. Many cities have similar rule but you need to ask.

If he is old than 46, he could not make contribution even he starts now because there is less than 108 mothns for him to contribute. He can negotiate with Chinese SS to make up the contribution for past years to reach 180 months. But you will have to pay lump-sum contribution which may be expensive (I know in Shanghai is about $20,000). But you don't need to pay a penny since you have reached 180 month. 

This is really depdens on your own judgement. If you think that you are healthy and live longer, you will live in China after retirement, that might be a good investment. Besides tui-xiu-gong-zi, you can claim a certain percentage of medical expense(again it varies from different cities).

It is like any commecial life insurance so make your own judgement. I am not responsible for your judgement. Call your friends,family in China and talk with them to make a wise decision. I just provide information here which might not be accurate. 

所有跟帖: 

Thank you very much for all information. Do I have to live in Ch -wonderful-長樂- 給 wonderful-長樂 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/29/2013 postreply 12:44:25

Do I have to live in China after I retire to be able to claim th -wonderful-長樂- 給 wonderful-長樂 發送悄悄話 (86 bytes) () 05/29/2013 postreply 12:47:24

Nop. I know a neighbor who immigrated to Australia still gets SS -james8418- 給 james8418 發送悄悄話 (777 bytes) () 05/29/2013 postreply 14:35:19

Thanks again for all details. I really appreciate your input! -wonderful-長樂- 給 wonderful-長樂 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/30/2013 postreply 08:41:24

如果你寫出來了,請你告知大家一下啊。謝謝你,Very kind! -神在阿堵中- 給 神在阿堵中 發送悄悄話 神在阿堵中 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/30/2013 postreply 12:38:57

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”