Faith is an evil.重要的不是普世價值而是理性思考

來源: 千裏快哉風 2009-10-17 23:33:09 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2269 bytes)
普世價值本身就是一個不斷變遷演化的東西,同樣要批判看待。看看下麵這兩段文字:
"No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man...The highest places in the hierarchy of civilization will assuredly not be within the reach of our dusky cousins.",

"I will say, then,that I am not, nor ever have been,in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races;that I am not,nor ever have been,in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people;and I will say, in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality."
你能相信第一段是進化論鬥士Henry Huxley說的,後一段是Abraham Lincoln說的嗎?如果這兩位150年前最優秀的頭腦,最有良知的人都持這種論調,當時的文明社會的普遍看法會是什麽樣子?我們有什麽理由相信我們不會再犯類似的錯誤?

信仰這種東西是非常危險的玩意兒,因為它是理性思考的終結。很容易讓人為了些莫名其妙的東西拋頭顱灑熱血(不管是自己的還是別人的)。
... More generally (and this applies to Christianity no less than to Islam), what is really pernicious is the practice of teaching children that faith itself is a virtue. Faith is an evil precisely because it requires no justification and brooks no argument. Teaching children that unquestioned faith is a virtue primes them - given certain other ingredients that are not hard to come by - to grow up into potentially lethal weapons for future jihads or crusades....Faith can be very very dangerous ,and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong.
-- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Dawkins提了個很好的建議“Do not indoctrinate your children. Teach them how to think for themselves, how to evaluate evidence, and how to disagree with you.“

沒有信仰的好處就是會專注於證據,open to change.以是否相信進化論為例,Dawkins這麽解釋 "We believe in evolution because the evidence supports it,and we would abandon it overnight if new evidence arose to disapprove it."

所有跟帖: 

你說的“普世價值”,不是普世價值,是“領袖思想”。 -Ji.Q.Zhang- 給 Ji.Q.Zhang 發送悄悄話 Ji.Q.Zhang 的博客首頁 (769 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 06:16:56

我反對的是把某種認識絕對化 -千裏快哉風- 給 千裏快哉風 發送悄悄話 千裏快哉風 的博客首頁 (997 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 11:54:02

人類文明是一個不斷進步的過程,普世價值的核心是溝通、共享和共贏。 -ji.q.zhang- 給 ji.q.zhang 發送悄悄話 ji.q.zhang 的博客首頁 (24 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 13:18:56

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”