Nothing really new, but those photos are the best i've seen on L

來源: Warsteiner 2015-03-27 11:00:24 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2253 bytes)
回答: ESPN new artical on Jeremy Lin by Pablo Torre雪花無聲2015-03-27 10:06:21
Not just those momentary smiling face or vulnerable looks on the court, but rather looks with determination and drive. Nice posing, and I like that.

As for bias among average fans or components at all levels, I would say it's normal. Yes, we lay our eyes on Jeremy all the time and cry for foul if there is dust on his hair. But at the same time, hundreds of average players get ignored or dismissed all the time, because they are average. They don't get the benefit of doubt on or off court, even in refs' eyes.

In NBA, to survive and prosper, then get paid well, there are 3 options:

1. physically gifted and perceived as good talent
2. specialize in one or two department teams could use and rely on at all time, consistently
3. do all things at a very decent level

We can cross No. 1, as this is not something we or Lin can do about. We know Lin thrives in an up-tempo gun-and-run, heavy PnR style, but that requires cooperation from the whole team, coach and stars included. It's hard to get by, because it depends on others, unless you are a super star yourself (or all stars go down and the coach loves the running game), you won't have it tailor-made for you.

So, Lin is working hard to achieve No. 3 - bulking up his muscle, improving his shooting, improving his defense, and improving his ball handling skills. Now, if he can improve his court awareness, time/situation management skills, and communication skills, he will get better day by day. He's on good way, at least I hope so.

Asking average fans to be reasonable itself is unreasonable. If everyone is "fair" or "patient" or "objective", fans won't jump on the Linsanity bandwagon so swiftly, and Lin wouldn't have to taste the rapid public emotion change when they turned their backs.

One thing Lin is right about, to stop listening to those complaints on his behalf, coz he can't carry that negativity to work. Whatever skills improvement he's achieved, that's going to follow him everywhere. As for public perceptions, they come and go, are never controllable, and always "unreasonable".

所有跟帖: 

點讚! -雪花無聲- 給 雪花無聲 發送悄悄話 雪花無聲 的博客首頁 (42 bytes) () 03/27/2015 postreply 12:00:00

嗯......... -Redcheetah- 給 Redcheetah 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/27/2015 postreply 13:14:54

Lin needs to partner up with a Karl Malone type of player. -yanon- 給 yanon 發送悄悄話 yanon 的博客首頁 (179 bytes) () 03/27/2015 postreply 12:51:48

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”