管別人幹嗎,管自己就行了。

來源: toosad 2013-11-22 18:52:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9652 bytes)

一粉和小林合影的心得,從jeremylin.net偷過來的,怕那邊水大一會兒就淹了。是有點瘋,不過不腦殘也不會粉,LOL

Hello everyone!

Anderson Huu invited me to share my impressions of meeting
Jeremy Lin on this website. I was honored he asked as I am a huge JLin supporter. Thanks, Anderson! Warning: this post is long. Sorry, I am a talkative person and cannot express my thoughts in such a short amount of words!

This past October (5th) I met Jeremy Lin at a Volvo Event at
the Houston Grand Prix. I’m from Iowa and flew down to Houston with my sister that weekend to visit her boyfriend and see the Linsanity documentary and Jeremy’s first preseason game. I found out on Twitter only a couple of nights before my planned trip that Jeremy was going to be at the Houston Grand Prix event.

When I arrived at the Grand Prix, I could not find the Volvo booth. My sister, her boyfriend, and I walked around for about 30 minutes in the hot and humid weather. I was desperately asking people where the Volvo booth was located because I didn’t want to miss out on seeing Jeremy, but no one knew where it was. By this time, I only had about 30 minutes to find the booth and see if I could meet him. After no luck, I checked Twitter and saw that the KPAX racing team sent out a tweet about how people can see Jeremy Lin. I replied to their tweet and asked for their location, and surprisingly, they answered back with their whereabouts. We found the booth within 5 minutes and had about 15-20 minutes to spare. I saw a couple of people talking outside the booth, and I asked one of the guys if I would have a chance to receive Jeremy’s autograph. The guy, Greg, told me that I would 100% see Jeremy, but he doesn’t have time for autographs. (I also wrote him a fan letter and asked if I could give it to him, but he also said that he probably won’t have time to take it.) I asked him if I could take a picture with him. He told me that this event was semi-private, and Jeremy had to do interviews. I then said I flew down from Iowa to Houston to see him. Greg said, “Oh, you’re going to play the Iowa card?” I laughed and said, “Yes, I am.” He responded, “I will ask Jeremy, but I’m not guaranteeing anything.” I told him that’s fine.

After a couple of minutes, Jeremy arrived in his Volvo. His friend/trainer, Josh Fan, drove and Jeremy was in the backseat. I took a couple of pictures of Jeremy when Greg told me that he asked Jeremy and that he was willing to take a picture with me. Of course I was ecstatic. I should mention that I was told beforehand from a couple of people including Greg that Jeremy is a shy and quiet person. They suggested that I shouldn’t squeal or freak out when I talk to him. And I should mention that I talk very, very fast, so I knew I had to calm down and try to talk at a normal pace. Jeremy was doing his interviews and walking around checking out the race car. He even took a picture of the race car’s engine with his cell phone. I was talking to my sister and my back was turned away from Jeremy when I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jeremy standing and looking right at me. Greg then motioned me to stand next to Jeremy to take a picture.

When I saw Jeremy, the first thing I noticed is that he’s tall because I had to look way up when talking to him. I know that’s an obvious thing, but he was extremely tall compared to me (I’m 5’2). I told him thank you and Jeremy said no problem. He put his arm around me and we posed for the picture. All of a sudden, a ton of people were taking pictures and I even said aloud, “Oh, wow!” My sister took a picture with my camera and her boyfriend took a picture with my cell phone. My
camera is sometimes slow and I was getting nervous because we were just standing there quietly and waiting for my sister to take the picture. Also, it was extremely humid outside and I was sweating profusely (also from nervousness). I felt horrible standing next to him because my hair was gross and I felt sticky. Although it took a while for my sister to take the picture, Jeremy was patient and didn't say anything. After she took the picture, Jeremy was going to talk to someone and I accidentally interrupted the guy and thanked Jeremy for the photo. I then said, “I flew down from Iowa to Houston to see your documentary last night and your game today and I just want to let you know that you are a huge inspiration.” I didn’t want to say he was a huge inspiration because he’s probably heard that so many times and there were so many other things I wanted to say instead, but people were around and he was busy. And obviously I was too excited at the time to logically think of what to say to Jeremy Lin. I felt bad interrupting his conversation with the other guy, but Jeremy didn’t seem offended and he listened to what I had to say. He then shook my hand and said thank you, although I didn’t realize Jeremy shook my hand and my sister had to remind me afterwards. Then, he was whisked away to do more interviews. I continued to stay at the booth until he left.

When I met Jeremy, he was quiet and soft-spoken. I was expecting him to be a bit more talkative like in his YouTube videos; however, Jeremy even says in interviews that he is a quiet kind of guy and that he only opens up when he feels comfortable. He was busy doing interviews, there were a lot of people around, and I was bothering him for the picture, so it’s perfectly understandable that he didn’t talk a lot. He was gracious and didn’t seem too annoyed (maybe he was hiding it well lol). He was considerate to take the time to take the picture with me. He could have easily said no, but he didn’t.

After our meeting, I kept thanking Greg and he told me that “niceness counts.” He then gave me his business card and told me to e-mail him because he had professional pictures taken of me and Jeremy. I e-mailed him the day I came back from Houston (Oct. 6th), and yesterday, he e-mailed me back with a video link that I made a cameo appearance broadcasted on NBC sports. Greg told me he was happy to help me because he knows how much Jeremy means to people and fans like myself. Along with other nice comments about Jeremy, Greg wrote, “Jeremy’s the real deal.” Yesterday, I tweeted the link and that is how Anderson Huu contacted me about sharing my experiences on Jeremylin.net. Below is the video link. Jeremy’s
segment starts at 23:26 and my cameo is at 23:33.

http://t.co/VLWLYDJ8rQ

We all know that Jeremy is a role model and inspiration to many. Everyone has their own struggles in life, and for me, Jeremy means so much because his story has motivated me in overcoming my struggles to finish my English master’s thesis. I’m still working on my thesis, but Jeremy inspires me to keep going and not quit. And what's more is that his kindness towards others it’s incredible and contagious. Ever since I became a die-hard Lin fan 7 months ago, I have encountered true acts of kindness, met caring people, and seen the good in life all connected to Jeremy Lin. To this day, I still can’t believe my luck and fortune in meeting Jeremy in person. I met him 4 days before my 26th birthday. That weekend I watched the Linsanity documentary (it wasn’t shown in my hometown) and his basketball game (also my first NBA game). My response to the Linsanity documentary was tweeted and posted on the Linsanity Facebook official website page and I won the #linsanityopening contest. But to top everything off, not only did I have the opportunity to meet Jeremy Lin in person where I took a
picture with him, had a chance to talk to him, shake his hand, and our meeting was captured on film and shown on TV, BUT I saw the good and kindness in people like Jeremy and Greg. Without a doubt, I had the best birthday week ever. I’ll never forget it.

所有跟帖: 

太長了,你總結一下~~ -179cm- 給 179cm 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2013 postreply 18:54:55

就是見到人合到影高興,小林很,沒別的,LOL -toosad- 給 toosad 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2013 postreply 19:03:22

你別問他,難道看不出他喝高了? -萬綠叢中- 給 萬綠叢中 發送悄悄話 萬綠叢中 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2013 postreply 19:08:41

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”