MTV, WSJ采訪小林,一篇好文談火箭對小林的使用

來源: newrocket 2013-03-18 13:18:00 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (14937 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ newrocket ] 在 2013-03-18 19:54:17 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Good Article:

Jeremy Lin shackeling hurts the Rockets: Almost treated with Tim Tebow disdain

03.18.13 | 02:39 pm

The Houston Rockets have one near superstar player, one second round draft pick turned surprise shot maker and one attacking point guard. James Harden, Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin are the only three players in Kevin McHale's rotation who can put consistent pressure on an opposing defense.

So why are only two of the three treated like indispensable pieces while the other is often left to languish and allowed to get lost?

It's the side story of the Rockets' endlessly entertaining season and it will become the story if Houston somehow blows it and fails to make the playoffs for the fourth straight year. It comes up again because the Rockets managed to lose by 30 points to the team they are chasing in the playoff race and shoot 32.6 percent from the field Sunday night while not feeding the one hot hand among their admittedly small-time version of a big three.

Why is it so hard for McHale to feature Jeremy Lin?

They paid him $25 million, but they sometimes act like Lin is Tim Tebow on the New York Jets: A novelty act they don't know what to do with.

Even Calvin Murphy, the CSN studio commentator who often seems to be holding back a little to make sure he doesn't offend anyone in the team's front office, noted the lack of touches for Lin.

"Jeremy Lin was shooting the ball well," Murphy said on air. "He should have gotten more shots."

Yes, much of the Rockets' offense depends on moving the ball and hitting the open man. But when a team like Golden State is happily daring guys like Parsons (2 for 13) and Donatas Motiejunas (2 for 11) to shoot, it's time to put the ball in Lin's hands and let him attack the rim.

The Rockets never have any difficulty in highlighting Harden or Parsons when they have the hot hand. Only Lin is never force feed. He is the only one among this little big three who would be left with just 16 shots on a night when he is the one player firing at anything close to a 50 percent rate.

It all goes back to the Rockets perplexing reluctance to treat Jeremy Lin like a bona fide, budding potential point guard star.

They paid him $25 million, but they sometimes act like Lin is Tim Tebow on the New York Jets: A novelty act they don't know what to do with — and a talent they've never fully embraced. It's no secret that Rockets owner Leslie Alexander pushed general manager Daryl Morey to reacquire Lin after the cut blunder.

An advanced stats guy like Morey should be thrilled. Jeremy Lin's Player Efficiency Rating of 15.07 is ultra close to the beloved Parsons' 15.13 PER.

Heck, Alexander hung up on Morey during the height of Linsanity in anger.

But the crazy thing is Alexander has been proven to be largely right. Whether the Lin signing is owner driven or not, it's proven to be a smart basketball move. Lin is playing better than could reasonably be expected considering the circumstances: Young player in a new offense on a new team coming off knee surgery.

He's shown flashes of being the difference maker he was in New York (see that post trading deadline win over Oklahoma City when Houston was short handed and the coaches had no choice but to play Lin huge minutes). He's certainly outplayed his Gotham replacement Raymond Felton of the sputtering Knicks.

An advanced stats guy like Morey should be thrilled. Jeremy Lin's Player Efficiency Rating of 15.07 is ultra close to the beloved Parsons' 15.13 PER.

Yet Lin only plays an average of 32.5 minutes per game, far below guys like Arron Afflalo (36.6), Klay Thompson (35.7) George Hill (34.8), Kemba Walker (34.2) and Mike Conley (34.1). And beyond even the numbers (which say plenty), it's the way Jeremy Lin's time is yo-yoed around that brings up serious questions about how committed the Rockets are to developing him. Long fourth quarter benchings are not uncommon for Lin.

When Kelvin Sampson filled in during McHale's heartbreaking absence, he clearly favored the horrific-shooting Toney Douglas (he of the 12.59 PER) over Lin, showing as much care and sense as he did while running Indiana's program.

Getting rid of Douglas has helped some, but the Rockets still seem hesitant to fully embrace Lin as a prime building block.

And please don't bring up defense. Parsons hasn't played much defense his second season either and he's still guaranteed big minutes. Everyone knows Daryl Morey does not care about defense.

NBA Playoff Implications

For a while the curious use of Jeremy Lin arguably only affected Lin. But now it's threatening to deliver a critical blow to the team's playoff chances. The Los Angeles Lakers are not going to stop surging because Kobe Bryant is hobbled. The Warriors finally showed the same type of fight as their coach Sunday night in Houston. And as poorly as Utah has played it's only a Wednesday win in Toyota away from throwing a serious panic into the Rockets.

These work-in-progress Rockets do not have a real big three yet. They can only rely on the three they do have.

"There's something wrong with your determination," Murphy said of Houston's showing against Golden State.

No, there's something wrong with the rotation.

If you're going to go down, you have to go down with your best players. These work-in-progress Rockets do not have a real big three yet. They can only rely on the three they do have.

That means turning Jeremy Lin loose and letting him play free. There's no question Lin deferred too much on his own earlier in the season. Now, it's clearly more about coaching and opportunity.

It's too late to turn Lin into Tim Tebow. It's time to commit. He's one of the Rockets' best options and has to be treated like one.

Time's running out. Grab the playoffs and the future. Stop running from Jeremy Lin.

[HD] Jeremy Lin on Linsanity at SXSW 林書豪影展專訪

MTV:Jeremy Lin Kept His Eye On The Ball During 'Linsani

Video link: HERE

Jeremy Lin Still Has To Pinch Himself Watching 'Linsanity' Documentary

Basketball star says the new film captures what he was 'too busy' to really pay attention to the year of 'Linsanity.'

Jeremy Lin conquered Harvard, the NBA and Sundance. But given the "Linsanity" of his past year, these accomplishments shouldn't be surprising.

Lin set off a media frenzy when he became the first Asian-American to start in the NBA. Former MTV News producer Evan Jackson Leong immortalized the ascent in his "Linsanity" documentary. It's a look at how Lin made history and challenged the stereotypes America didn't admit it had. However, the basketball phenom was oblivious to all of it. Lin tells MTV News he was too busy living the dream to read about it.

Jeremy Lin conquered Harvard, the NBA and Sundance. But given the "Linsanity" of his past year, these accomplishments shouldn't be surprising.

Lin set off a media frenzy when he became the first Asian-American to start in the NBA. Former MTV News producer Evan Jackson Leong immortalized the ascent in his "Linsanity" documentary. It's a look at how Lin made history and challenged the stereotypes America didn't admit it had. However, the basketball phenom was oblivious to all of it. Lin tells MTV News he was too busy living the dream to read about it.

MTV: Jeremy, congrats on this film. This is a helluva story, and a lot of us know it, but to see it in this format is more powerful, in a way. It's a lot to absorb for an audience. I mean, for me, I can count, in the last couple years, the number of times on one hand that I've had goosebumps while watching a film, but I felt them watching it. Give me a sense of what you go through watching this story of yours.

Lin: I just told Evan [Leong] on the way up here, it's crazy to watch this thing and think, "This all actually happened." I still have to pinch myself. It's crazy. It happens and you go through it, but it's kind of a blur, but when I take a step back and look at it, I think, "Whoa, that was pretty incredible." It was a lot of fun.

MTV: I would think a film like this is kind of a great marker for you. It's this ultimate memento in a way. You went through this, this "Linsanity" at the time, and it's still going on in different ways. But now you have this kind of document that can help with your perspective on what happened. Do you feel like in that moment, in those weeks when all the insanity was happening, it was kind of hard to absorb? And this is helping you to remember it in a different way?

Lin: Yeah, definitely. I did zero absorbing during the process. I was just focused on one game to the next, and trying to not get complacent, and worry about the season and the next opponent. I think now I can start to appreciate everything that really happened. I can take a step back and say, "Wow, this was an incredible thing that happened." And now we have this film that I can always look back on, and I can show it to my kids, and show them all the cool things I got to do in my life during that stretch.

MTV: Seeing the people who pop up in this film, from The Rock to, literally, the President of the United States, again, were you absorbing this at the time? When you saw these talking heads popping up and talking about you in that way — Give me a sense of what it was like to hear the President of the United States talking about you in that way.

Lin: I actually did know, didn't even hear anything until the rough cut of the documentary when I actually realized he had said stuff. So it was crazy. It was crazy to see all the different things, because I don't really watch much TV or read the papers much. So when I saw all the different things, like what Kevin Durant [Oklahoma City Thunder] had said, I just thought, "Whoa, I didn't realize that."

MTV: It also captures that infamous game with the Lakers and, obviously, Kobe [Bryant]'s comment became huge at the time. How are you and Kobe doing today? Have you worked it out, is it all good?

Lin: Everything is all good. We're kind of in this tight play-off push against each other.

MTV:One thing that the film does touch on, which was a dark side to the story, was this undercurrent of racism. Whether it was headlines or allusions, it was almost like people weren't even thinking in the way they were speaking about you at times. Did that register, at the time? Did it shock you, the kinds of things you were hearing? Or was that lost amidst all the great stuff that was happening?

Lin:For me, personally, that was definitely lost because I just didn't care anymore about the racist stuff. I didn't pay attention to it at all. And I didn't even know most of the things that had happened. I had heard about the bigger ones, like the 'Chink in the Armor' headline and stuff like that. But I feel that, for me at this point in my life, I don't really get caught up in that stuff anymore. It's just whatever.

MTV:Last thing for you. Obviously, thanks to your position and your play in the last year plus, you're a role model for people nowadays. And through your efforts to help kids, that's something it sounds like you're embracing, you want to help younger kids. But is there an inherent pressure with that? Do you feel more pressured than ever in terms of being someone that people look up to?

Lin:I love kids, and I love being able to help out in that way. I feel like if I focus on being who I feel like I should be as a person and being a Godly person, everything else should just take care of itself. It doesn't put on any extra pressure. I just want to be as real and authentic as I can, and whatever the impact is, I'll be thankful for it.

所有跟帖: 

"If you're going to go down, you have to go down with your best -plateau- 給 plateau 發送悄悄話 plateau 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 13:32:04

gre -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 13:37:23

如此多的人都看到問題,我們林粉不是瞎說。 -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (168 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 13:45:12

可能也不是教練當時要那樣,原因 -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (65 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 13:51:30

都不是的,孩子。主要是 -老實淫娃- 給 老實淫娃 發送悄悄話 (31 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 13:53:46

難道大家都在無中生有?他們說的是事實吧。 -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 13:56:50

girl,這場比賽過去了就算了。火箭後麵真不爭氣的話,進不了前8也要認命。 -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:14:34

ba -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:29:58

好 ,向前看。形勢很緊 張了。 -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:32:21

非常緊張。後天主場對爵士,若輸球就相當被動了。 -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:37:11

昨晚有事,耽誤了看比賽,但是讚成板凳這個觀點。另外,在這裏頂一下板凳置頂的大作! -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:11:12

ihao -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:12:40

能總結一下有何規律可行?heat spurs 各隊還有多少場球要讓? -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:16:04

是一些隊有協定還是大家都有 -girl8888- 給 girl8888 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:18:45

看看火箭有沒有本事和運氣從馬刺手上偷一場球。貌似馬刺已經在為季後賽做準備。 -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:24:58

板凳的大作俺也頂了。可板凳時不常的要假裝dumb,害的 -萬綠叢中- 給 萬綠叢中 發送悄悄話 萬綠叢中 的博客首頁 (29 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:16:24

這麽說更準確:火箭與勇士3:1收場,客觀上是個好結果。火箭也沒能力將勇士斬盡殺絕。 -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:21:31

照你的說法,NBA比賽結果就整個一大黑坑? -萬綠叢中- 給 萬綠叢中 發送悄悄話 萬綠叢中 的博客首頁 (66 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:12:18

小林哈登正常,其他人awful。難道是教練讓他們故意brick? -萬綠叢中- 給 萬綠叢中 發送悄悄話 萬綠叢中 的博客首頁 (60 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 14:21:00

與其說火箭是大大低於平常水平, 不如說勇士打出超常水平,麵對拚命三郎,年輕的火箭 -wwbazty- 給 wwbazty 發送悄悄話 (25 bytes) () 03/18/2013 postreply 15:38:23

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”