你認為莫雷應該贏得2012-13年度總經理嗎?

來源: newrocket 2013-02-23 06:03:51 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (14560 bytes)

Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey Is No-Brainer Executive of the Year

By Marshall Zweig (Featured Columnist) on February 23, 2013

Gl04mor_crop_exact

hen an NBA player's shot is falling, we say he's found his shooting touch.

Daryl Morey's shots are falling like Hans Gruber at the end of Die Hard. But in the Houston Rockets general manager's case, it's more accurate to say he's got the Midas touch.

How else could Daryl Morey have possibly packed so many brilliant moves into one season?

And how many brilliant moves in a season must one man make to win NBA Executive of the Year going away?

The man absolutely blew up the Rockets this summer, making 13 moves involving 31 players and four draft picks. Only small forward Chandler Parsons remained from last year's rotation. Few, if any, picked this team to get over the .500 mark.

Yet here the Rockets sit, a roster of young, energetic, hard-working, seemingly high-character guys, in eighth position for the playoffs, and fresh off beating one of the East's best teams, the Brooklyn Nets, two nights after beating one of the West's best teams, the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Oh, and they notched both victories while shorthanded—because of another brilliant Morey trade.

How do you impress me, Daryl? Let me count the ways—if I can count that high.

512x_crop_exact Morey (left) with Jeremy Lin and owner Les Alexander. (AP Photo/Dave Einsel)

I've raved at length in other articles about the daring game of chicken Morey played with the Rockets' starting point guard position prior to the season—a game he won with a brilliantly constructed contract that stymied the mighty New York Knicks and netted the Rockets Jeremy Lin.

I've waxed rhapsodic about Morey's selection of Parsons. To say he was a steal as the 38th overall pick is to call Jesse James a small-time hood.

Granted, that was last season's brilliance. But as I mentioned, Parsons was the one guy he chose to keep from last year's rotation. He bet on his second round pick and won: the last man standing from last season has this season become one of the league's top 10 small forwards—at a price which makes one want to shout, "There's a sale at Penney's!"

In Parsons' case, Morey gets credit for his inaction rather than his action.

I've commended Morey for the statistical gold he mined in handing a minutes-deprived backup center a big contract and a starting job. The result: Omer Asik is perhaps the leading candidate for the NBA's Most Improved Player award.

And finally, I've lauded him for his relentless pursuit of James Harden and his guts in handing him the keys to the castle offensively. Harden is not just one of the league's top scorers—he's one of the very best players in the NBA.

Hi-res-160401690_crop_exact Robinson will be another Morey success story, I predict.
Jared Wickerham/Getty Images

Now Morey has wisely assessed his lack of defensive production at power forward and traded for a woefully underused but massively talented Thomas Robinson, while giving up only players who, Jeremy Lin's heavy heart notwithstanding, won't be missed on the court within a month's passing.

I'm shocked to have heard some critical comments about Robinson. I watched him play at Kansas, and there is a reason this guy led the nation in double-doubles the year he was drafted. He can not only rebound, but he can score around the rim.

Why the Kings had him playing so frequently on the perimeter is anybody's guess—heck, why the Kings do anything they do is anybody's guess. But again, Morey wins for picking such an inept franchise to make a trade with.

This deal wasn't as lopsided as the 2008 Pau Gasol trade, but to me it was reminiscent of it. And given time—and not much, mind you, just until the midway point of next season—I believe Robinson will be to the power forward position what Parsons is to the small forward position.

Will Daryl Morey win 2012-13 Executive Of The Year?

• Yes

93.2%
  • No

6.8%
  • As long as he gets the chance, that is. For Morey did all of the above while, incredibly, positioning himself to be almost $20 million under the cap come summer. Which means Robinson might be coming off the bench, displaced this summer by a free-agent acquisition the likes of Josh Smith or Dwight Howard.

It's enough to make you forget the name Royce White.

It was a long, strange trip getting here, but Morey's bargain-basement Rockets are the stuff Brad Pitt movies are made of. This is general management almost too efficient and effective to be believed.

This is a job performance which cannot be ignored come NBA awards time.

For those voters who might be reading this article, one last note for your consideration: To pull off the Harden deal, Morey had to have two first-round draft picks to give up.

Where did he get those?

By cleaning up two of his increasingly rare misses.

Morey managed to finagle one in the Kyle Lowry trade, despite Lowry's oh-so-public disgruntlement in Houston, which lowered other teams' perception of him and thus his trade value. Sure enough, the talented but troubled Lowry has had trouble getting along with others in Toronto too, so much so that the Raptors couldn't trade him despite a concerted deadline effort.

Hi-res-160349040_crop_exact Without the first-round pick Morey got for Jordan Hill, the Harden trade wouldn't have happened.
    Harry How/Getty Images

Morey snagged the other plus Derek Fisher in exchange for Jordan Hill, who was already wearing the bust moniker at the time of the trade. Hill has actually managed to improve his per-36-minute numbers and his PER during his time with the Lakers, but has trouble both hitting a jumper and staying healthy.

Without those two quiet masterstrokes, I say the Harden deal never gets made.

I also say Morey better have space on his office mantle come May. He will be the unquestioned Executive of the Year.

And Daryl, while you're at it, dust off two spaces.

I think you'll need one more for the Larry O'Brien Trophy by the 2014-15 season.

莫雷稱火箭交易一箭4雕 狂送人隻因要為3將讓路

莫雷一箭四雕

北京時間2013年2月22日,在NBA的交易截止日到來之前,火箭和國王、太陽分別進行了交易,送出了帕特森等四名球員,得到了托馬斯-羅賓 遜等三名球員。火箭的總經理達雷爾-莫雷認為,這次操作可以實現多個不同的目的,包括騰出薪水空間,得到潛力新人,為現有球員讓路,堅持小個陣容等。

騰出薪水空間

莫雷表示,他希望在今年夏天火箭能夠有1500萬美元到2000萬美元的空間,用來開出頂薪合同追逐大牌球星。在這次交易中,火箭得到的加西亞在今夏可以終止合同,這次4換3的交易讓火箭多騰出了160萬美元左右的空間。

為現有球員讓路

“帕特裏克-貝弗利是一個球迷很喜歡的球員,他打球有激情,防守好,能夠推快節奏,所以我們希望他進入輪換陣容,看看他有多麽出色,我們喜歡他的比賽。”莫雷說。

除了貝弗利之外,莫雷還提到了莫泰尤納斯和格雷格-史密斯,他說:“我們也喜歡史密斯的表演,我們同樣覺得莫泰尤納斯應該進入輪換陣容,得到出場時間。”

堅持小個陣容衝季後賽

“就像你在和雷霆的比賽中看到的那樣,我們打小個陣容的時候表現很好,我覺得我們這樣做能夠贏球。”莫雷談到了球隊接下來的風格。

“小個陣容是可以接受的,看看現在這個聯盟中堅持小個陣容的球隊就知道了。”莫雷說,“小個陣容的進攻是提升的,雖然防守有些下降,但是進攻提升的幅度大於防守下降的幅度,很多球隊都在打小陣容,我們必須堅持這樣做。”

莫雷稱火箭的目標仍然是季後賽:“我們的目標並沒有隨著交易而改變,羅賓遜會幫助我們爭奪季後賽,我們還是一個很有力的競爭者,如果說變困難的話,也隻有那麽一點點。”

得到潛力新人

莫雷表示這筆交易讓火箭失去了帕特森的防守,不過他相信羅賓遜的能力。“一旦教練鬆開他的韁繩,他就會表現出自己的優秀來,他能夠擋拆,能夠在籃下進球,運動力很出色,打球激情十足,我非常興奮能夠獲得他。”莫雷說,同時他也稱讚了加西亞和哈尼卡特。

"奴隸組合"?休城新匪幫! 莫雷底薪挖來多少寶貝

四大替補安德森,貝弗利,莫泰尤納斯與史密斯合計拿下了33分,表現相當不俗。

除了得分不少外,這四個哥們效率還極高。史密斯全場5投全中拿到10分4個籃板,莫泰尤納斯5投4中貢獻9分,貝弗利5投3中貢獻9分2次助攻,安德森5 投2中命中率稍低,但也有5分3個籃板3次助攻入賬。合計算起來便是,火箭的替補們20投14中,命中率高達7成!再看看籃網的替補們……25投11中, 合計拿到28分。別忘了籃網的替補陣營裏,可是有年薪高達1200萬的亨弗裏斯。

至於火箭這幾個替補哥們的年薪是多少?說起來不怕寒 酸,安德森,貝弗利與史密斯都是清一色的底薪男,莫雷從一堆待業青年裏淘出來的寶貝。其中安德森與貝弗利還都是本賽季中途才加盟的臨時工,史密斯則在本賽 季剛剛轉正。至於莫泰尤納斯,已是今天上場的四位替補裏最"高貴"的一位,年薪達到136萬,相對年薪隻有76萬的史密斯來說已是"高帥富"般的存在。

因此不妨做一下計算,貝弗利,安德森,史密斯以及莫泰尤納斯,這四位老兄的年薪加一塊兒肯定不到400萬,但卻打出了比籃網替補更勁爆的水準。不得不感 慨,這就是莫雷識人的本事了。令球迷同情的是,無論是貝弗利,安德森還是史密斯,都與球隊簽下了"奴隸合同",也就是所謂的1+2,無保障的合同。如果他 們能在火箭打出來,那麽後兩年火箭都會執行他們的底薪合同;如果他們打不出來,那麽很抱歉,直接裁掉便是。

更誇張的是,這四位還不是 火箭替補的全部。在休城的替補席上,還有今年第5順位的新秀托馬斯-羅賓遜,這位身體條件勁爆的天才大前鋒將肯定先得從替補做起。此外在休城的替補席上, 還有經驗豐富的老將加西亞,可能會被球隊從發展聯盟招回來的今年第18順位新秀泰倫斯-瓊斯。當然了,我們也別忘了目前在發展聯盟裏邊打球邊治病,神經兮 兮的羅伊斯-懷特……一旦當火箭將這些球員也整合成為實實在在的戰力,那麽無疑將組成一支如同當年國王式的板凳匪幫。

一支花費更少,但效率出眾的板凳匪幫。

曝火箭追史密斯失敗內幕 莫雷拒棄阿西克帕森斯

北京時間2月22日美媒體消息:交易截止日在相對沉悶的氣氛中度過,老鷹最終還是留下了約什-史密斯。在平靜的背後,卻有著很多鮮為人知的故事。火箭總經理莫雷,在交易截止日前幾小時突然發動“閃電戰”,試圖突襲老鷹,但沒能成功。

在距離交易截止日還剩下5個小時左右時,《雅虎體育》的著名籃球專家沃伊納羅夫斯基率先曝料稱,火箭正在和老鷹進行交易史密斯的談判,隨後另一名內幕專家肯-伯傑、著名火箭跟隊記者喬納森-費根等人也在微博上證實了這則消息。

“火箭仍然沒有放棄對史密斯的追逐,他們在和老鷹進行談判,亞特蘭大人渴望得到阿西克和帕森斯作為籌碼回報,這顯然會讓火箭陷入沒有首發的境地。”沃伊納羅夫斯基在微博上如是寫道。

昨天上午,火箭與國王、太陽做了一個三方交易,送走了兩名大前鋒帕特森和莫裏斯,換來了潛力股托馬斯-羅賓遜。羅賓遜運動力強、籃板球和低位進攻都很不錯,因為在國王無法獲得太多機會,因此被莫雷盯上,他有可能在接下來的比賽中出任火箭的首發大前鋒。

得到了羅賓遜後,火箭追求史密斯的緊迫感大大緩解,由於他們是重建期的球隊,所以管理層在引援問題上進退自如,並不急著鎖定意中人約什-史密斯。在此背景下,莫雷在談判中並不被動,他果斷拒絕了老鷹的籌碼要求。

“請明白一點,火箭手握巨大的薪資空間,他們完全可以在今夏與變成自由身的史密斯簽約。所以,莫雷現在不會為史密斯而出高價的。”沃伊納羅夫斯基說。

多個消息源證實,老鷹管理層與史密斯在續約報價上存在不可調和的分歧,分手隻是時間問題。雖然老鷹在交易截止日前留下了史密斯,但這並不代表他們今夏將會給後者提供頂薪續約合同。屆時,亞特蘭大人可以先簽後換送走“鷹王”。

對於火箭來說,莫雷追逐史密斯還有B計劃。毋庸置疑,如果老鷹無意續約史密斯,那他們到今年夏天談判時將會處於被動,屆時火箭可以壓價,否則對方很可能白白失去史密斯,以至於竹籃打水一場空。如果真的是這樣,那火箭將可以與史密斯直接簽約。

所有跟帖: 

表麵是這樣。我認為是教練的功勞。 -ctgolfer- 給 ctgolfer 發送悄悄話 ctgolfer 的博客首頁 (20 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 07:18:20

球員換了一波又一波,成績還是不錯,不是教練好那還是什麽。 -i751- 給 i751 發送悄悄話 i751 的博客首頁 (240 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 10:48:35

Yes. 就憑著他把小林簽到火箭,他就是慧眼識珠,他是最佳! -Schering- 給 Schering 發送悄悄話 Schering 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 07:59:05

你損他吧,多花了2千萬,還慧眼識珠。 -ctgolfer- 給 ctgolfer 發送悄悄話 ctgolfer 的博客首頁 (25 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 08:04:15

為什麽多花2000萬?講出來聽聽. -ziteng- 給 ziteng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 12:39:18

他說小林隻值3年400萬。 -wxc8e- 給 wxc8e 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 12:51:19

一年前就在火箭隊,也就帥哥的工資 -ctgolfer - 給 ctgolfer  發送悄悄話 ctgolfer  的博客首頁 (40 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 13:45:48

我上麵的加減法是誤會你了。當時沒真正發現價值沒人會怪罪。小林和別的球星不同, -wxc8e- 給 wxc8e 發送悄悄話 (119 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 16:31:51

傻 X, 就憑這麽多人看球討論Lin,就值2千萬. -inet-fan- 給 inet-fan 發送悄悄話 inet-fan 的博客首頁 (42 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 14:51:15

哈哈,見笑了 -inet-fan- 給 inet-fan 發送悄悄話 inet-fan 的博客首頁 (68 bytes) () 02/24/2013 postreply 09:13:02

塔利班離開鵝城實屬意外,多數人認為他會為冠軍而留下 -ctgolfer - 給 ctgolfer  發送悄悄話 ctgolfer  的博客首頁 (40 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 15:41:25

有道理,下個合同再談冠軍,現在就是受傷也有保障了。 -ctgolfer- 給 ctgolfer 發送悄悄話 ctgolfer 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2013 postreply 15:58:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”