小林在Sundance, News and Video

來源: newrocket 2013-01-28 05:44:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9019 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ newrocket ] 在 2013-01-28 08:27:19 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

'Linsanity' documentary premieres at Sundance to standing ovation

For Video click the link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=23880055#ooid=RtZDR0ODqe0v-anu1Q9b2xJ1aXypPfNR

Here is the youtube video

SALT LAKE CITY — "Linsanity" is a documentary following the sensation of one NBA player's introduction to the league, but it's also about a man of faith who has had his shares of challenges.

The weather nearly caused disappointment for an audience tonight at the final screening of The Sundance Film Festival of the documentary "Linsanity," that follows the life of NBA star Jeremy Lin. The Houston Rockets were grounded for hours in Grand Junction, Colo. before finally making it to the film's screening.

Lin arrived late to watch the documentary about the international phenomenon and media sensation he's become.

The life of Lin is layer after layer of highs and lows, and independent filmmaker, Evan Jackson Leong wanted to tell this story. But it didn't go so well at first.

"He's like ‘I'm not Kim Kardashian, I'm reality, I don't want that kind of attention. I'm just a ball player,' " Leong said of Lin's reaction to the proposed film. "For me, you're a ball player that has an awesome story, so, let's try something."

Tonight Lin joined the director and producers onstage. A devoted Christian, he often expresses his gratitude to God. That is what finally convinced him to do the film.

"The more that I went through my journey, the more I realized what a big part of it God was, and I just felt like I had to share it and I had to share it with the world," Lin told KSL.

Lin has also suffered racial slurs and prejudice. Overcoming challenges is a message of the film, he said.

The film received a standing ovation at Sundance. Simply the best reaction, the director said.

"It's incredible. And you can't ask for anything more as an independent filmmaker," Leong said. This is the biggest stage to premiere something and to watch it with 600 people the first day, oh, it was amazing, I'll never forget it."

Jeremy Lin Talks Faith, "Awesome Bed", and NBA During Premiere Of Linsanity Movie

Despite a major snowstorm hitting Utah, Jeremy Lin made it out to Utah to attend the premiere of the documentary, Linsanity, at the Sundance Film Festival yesterday.

Directed by first-time feature director Evan Jackson Leong, Linsanity focuses on that February stretch in New York City, when then-bench warmer Lin went from on the verge of being cut to turning into not just an NBA superstar, but a global phenomenon. 

Lin appeared along with Leong and discussed the film after its screening in Utah.

"My biggest purchase was my mattress," Lin told the crowd Sunday night at Salt Lake City's Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, as reported by the Salt Lake Tribune. "I don't really have too many nice things. I pretty much dress the same and live the same."

"But my bed is awesome," he added. 

Lin almost missed the appearance due to the storm.

Leong joked: "If you know Jeremy Lin's story, you know nothing would stop him."

Lin also talked about his frustrations with trying to make it in the NBA, dealing with racism along the way. 

He even said he would have joined the ministry had his NBA career failed -- and it was close to failing, up until that fateful night in February when he blew up against the then-New Jersey Nets.

‘Linsanity’ » Houston Rockets point guard shares his amazing story in documentary.

By Scott D. Pierce, First Published Jan 27 2013 05:28 pm • Updated 6 hours ago

At the height of Linsanity, much was made of the fact that sudden NBA star Jeremy Lin was sleeping on a teammate’s couch. It was true, and it’s the one thing he’s corrected since signing a three-year, $25 million contract with the Houston Rockets last summer.

"My biggest purchase was my mattress," Lin said Sunday night at a screening of the documentary "Linsanity" at Salt Lake City’s Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. "I don’t really have too many nice things. I pretty much dress the same and live the same.

"But my bed is awesome."

So is his story. How he overcame doubters and racism to get a shot at the NBA. How he survived not getting drafted, then overcame getting cut by the Warriors and the Rockets. How he was down to what would have been his last game with the Knicks when he went crazy on the court and — in the space of two weeks — became an international star.

And how his faith kept him humble. How his sudden rise to fame can be attributed to "definitely, first and foremost, God," he said. "As the documentary showed, there were too many things that happened in my life that were beyond my control. And I’ll be the first one to admit that."

(He said he’s thought about going into the ministry, and hasn’t ruled it out for after basketball.)

What nobody could control on Sunday night, the last night of the Sundance Film Festival, was the weather. The big question was whether Lin, 24, would make it to the screening at all. The snowstorm left the Rockets grounded in Grand Junction, Colo., as they were trying to fly to Salt Lake City for Monday’s game against the Utah Jazz.

Lin slipped into the back of the theater in the final minutes of the 6:30 p.m. screening, just in time to take questions from the audience.

"If you’ve seen the film, you know nothing is going to stop Jeremy Lin — even a snowstorm," said director Evan Jackson Leong.

It was just the latest in a string of serendipitous events for Lin and the filmmakers. Leong first approached the man at the center of "Linsanity" when Lin was still a college basketball player at Harvard, long before anyone knew if he’d ever get a shot at the NBA. And Lin wasn’t exactly enthusiastic.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝分享這麽多消息,很棒。 -萬綠叢中- 給 萬綠叢中 發送悄悄話 萬綠叢中 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/28/2013 postreply 08:50:36

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”