你見過雙彩虹嗎?

來源: Ilovecheese 2014-07-27 13:07:15 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4407 bytes)
老公最近開始寫博文,如果你喜歡他的文筆,可以到他的博客裏看更多的博文。鏈接在此: http://michaelhaggart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/double-rainbow.html

Double Rainbow!

As we left the house around 7pm the sun was shining but even as I unlocked Lurch I felt the first drops on the back of my neck. I glanced at the sky but could see no cloud. How can it rain without a cloud? I checked again, this time for any of our feathered friends who might have decided to bless me with their 'leavings' to coin a polite phrase. Well, it's better than saying 'shit', after all my mother might read this. Nary a bird in the sky. Applying Sherlock Holmes' deduction method i.e. when all other possibilities have been discounted etc, would have been my next step, but suddenly it started to pour down. At least I was saved the mental effort of deducing what was happening - see, every cloud does have a silver lining.
'But I thought there were no clouds' I hear you say.  'Clever dick.' I reply. Quick fire responses never were my forte.

Arriving at one of our local dog walking spots, on the site of a once massive steelworks, the rain was now belting down and bouncing up almost to the level of my wife's knees. I'm a bit taller than Amy, so it only reached my ankles.  We took Skye for a walk and I threw her Frisbee all over the place, trying to tire her out (seemingly impossible) and in the process we all got drenched.
Then with uncannily good timing, just as we neared the end of the walk the rain stopped abruptly.  Almost immediately we saw a complete rainbow form right in front of us, and then Amy shouted that it was a double rainbow! I've very rarely seen both ends of a rainbow touching the ground, never mind a double. Potentially we could have had four pots of gold but I'm not sure I had the energy to fight four leprechauns! When we walked a short distance further, only one side of the rainbow was visible - so we had definitely been in the right place at the right time!

It was well worth getting soaked to see the beautiful rainbow in it's entirety, and from now on I will not be put off going out in the rain, just in case another one comes along.

This is Amy taking the panorama above, it's a great photo.

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

Sky妞妞站在很深的草裏,很久以前真還見過雙彩虹,特別漂亮。寫博客是個好習慣,有好博客一定要拿來讓大家欣賞哦 -Churchill- 給 Churchill 發送悄悄話 Churchill 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/27/2014 postreply 18:29:45

謝謝喜歡! -Ilovecheese- 給 Ilovecheese 發送悄悄話 Ilovecheese 的博客首頁 (135 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 03:40:50

看著那麽溫柔跟那個攀岩狗狗都對不上了:) 曾經常常看彩虹,不同組合,美妙極度了,當年在夏威夷的校園裏 -二見鍾情- 給 二見鍾情 發送悄悄話 二見鍾情 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/27/2014 postreply 20:45:23

妞妞總的來說是個溫柔的小棉襖,不過玩起來就不一樣啦,畢竟27公斤重呢! -Ilovecheese- 給 Ilovecheese 發送悄悄話 Ilovecheese 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 03:42:47

我看到你家Kate不喜歡水還蠻意外的,妞妞看到水都攔不住她。不過現在看到靜止的水溝學會繞著走了 :-) -Ilovecheese- 給 Ilovecheese 發送悄悄話 Ilovecheese 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 03:44:52

溫柔的妞妞! 以前還真沒見過雙彩虹. 多謝分享! -貓眯媽- 給 貓眯媽 發送悄悄話 貓眯媽 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 10:48:33

謝謝貓眯媽喜歡! -Ilovecheese- 給 Ilovecheese 發送悄悄話 Ilovecheese 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 14:33:30

這個就叫虹霓。夏季雨後,在對著太陽那邊的天空,常會出現彩色圓弧,伴有紅、橙、黃、綠、藍、靛、紫七種顏色。這種圓弧常出現兩個,其中 -快樂看人生- 給 快樂看人生 發送悄悄話 快樂看人生 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/30/2014 postreply 10:19:07

這種圓弧常出現兩個,其中紅色在外、紫色在內顏色鮮豔的叫“虹”,另一個紫色在外、紅色在內顏色較淡的叫“霓”,人們稱這種美麗的自然現 -快樂看人生- 給 快樂看人生 發送悄悄話 快樂看人生 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/30/2014 postreply 10:24:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”