這個值得重新考慮。I was told that dry food would help cleaning teeth. Tru

來源: hahumiaomiao 2013-05-02 17:50:42 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1557 bytes)
回答: Feed her with dry food.Sac2013-05-02 17:29:57

cats barely ever chew their kibbles. If you watch your cat eating, you will notice you only hear the chewing crunching sound occasionally-when the teeth happen to hit the kibbles. Most of the time, cats just swallow the kibbles, as you can tell when cats vomit their food.  Even if they do chew the kibbles, all kibbles are made with some kind of grain/starch. This is precisely how tartar is formed - startch deposited on teeth and not cleaned.  On the other hand, raw meat requires chewing and tearing, which effectively cleans the teeth.  After all, cats are made to eat meat. Their sharp teeth are great for tearing meat off the bones, but are of little help for grinding kibbles.

We are told kibbles are good - only because the commercial food manufacturers want to promote their products. And don't forget that vets are educated in vet schools that are sponsored heavily by these manufacturers. They WILL sell what their sponsors want to sell.  I once questioned a vet why she prescribed a certain prescription dry food (it contains wheat gluen and corn - the worst possible junk food for cats).  She evaded my question by saying: Oh, I don't know much about food nutritions" .  Well, I knew then and there that I should never take vets' words for granted. I'm educated enough and care about my cat enough to do research. And I'll discuss issues only with vets who are open to being challenged and to learning new things.  

所有跟帖: 

對,我也注意到這些,象greenies的dental treats,我家貓貓都很喜歡,但隻是老大吃的時候, -FGW09- 給 FGW09 發送悄悄話 (175 bytes) () 05/02/2013 postreply 18:37:08

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”