There are lots to do in summer than going out to work

來源: elfie 2023-07-18 09:45:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1154 bytes)

Of course my children are still young, my oldest is 11 now but I can't help but want to tell you there are lots of things they can do instead of working at Waffle House everyday. Summer goes fast, spend time here and there in summer camps and it's over. And there are always 9 to 10 days spent at Grandpa's house in Ohio. Now it's already the end of July. There's only one month left! My daugter went to her favorite string camp in VT for two weeks, one of my sons, five years old, goes to daycare, the other, 8 years old, goes to a summer camp/daycare. Next year, I plan to let my daughter stay at this music camp for a longer time, at least for 3 weeks with one week in Istanbul Turkey. That should make the summer more memorable and enjoyable. Kids will get their share of work. There's no need to rush them.  Sometimes things would backfair if it's done overboard. Working odd jobs isn't always an encouraging thing for teens.  It might dampen their enthusiasm about working  because people could be mean and insensitive. It's better to save it for the future, to my opinion.

所有跟帖: 

大小孩子情況差很多。 一般夏令營針對12 歲以下。孩子上中學後也不一定喜歡出去旅遊。我娃中學生假期無所事事,遊戲,看書 -weed123- 給 weed123 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/18/2023 postreply 15:41:39

嗯,各家情況不同,各個孩子的情況也不同:) -樹枝兒- 給 樹枝兒 發送悄悄話 樹枝兒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/18/2023 postreply 17:45:02

你說的很對啊。可是她們是自己想要去工作的,連工作都是自己找的。我覺得怎樣都好,看孩子的選擇吧:) -樹枝兒- 給 樹枝兒 發送悄悄話 樹枝兒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/18/2023 postreply 17:46:21

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”