We are part of main stream already.

來源: ZoyaWashington 2013-11-09 23:00:50 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1560 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ ZoyaWashington ] 在 2013-11-11 11:29:57 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 融入主流洋洋日記2013-11-09 21:11:25

The key of being part of the society is what you can contribute, not how to get others to accept you. If all you can think is ME, how I am doing, how to get others to recognize me or petty me, how much or how little money I am making, and how hard it is to learn English, you will find it is next to impossible to blend in, to be accepted by main stream.

The truth is in Western culture, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, no one will take you seriously. If you don't even believe in yourself, no one will. By the same token, if the only thing you can do is cry wolf, you will be treated as a whimper.

Why not think the other way? For the 3M+ Chinese in US, most have good jobs and many are millionaires. Why everyone keep thinking we are a group in disadvantage?  How much money do you need to make you believe that you are in control of your own destiny,  and you are in a position to help? Chinese always want to compare with Jews,  do you know Jews are the most generous group among all ethnic groups in term of donation?

Tell yourself, I am confident that I can navigate successfully in the society, and I am strong enough to make an impact in my community. Then ask yourself, what can I contribute for the people around me, how can I help others in need?  If you can do that, you will see a whole new world is opened up in front of you. 

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”