My son's journal

來源: 圈外閑人 2011-09-16 00:29:26 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4717 bytes)
回答: 孩子們沒寫遊記?~~阿方2011-09-14 00:16:02

Today is 9/11/11, a Sunday. Being the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, things seemed to be tenser than usual in terms of the way national security went. Apparently there were F16 airplanes sent to ensure that airplanes weren’t hijacked. The only abnormality in the end was some people who took a while in the bathroom.

Today we went to see the San Francisco Giants. At the Caltrain station going there we saw 4 fighter jets, which was more than I have seen for a while. The train ride was nothing out of the ordinary, as it was now my third trip going all the way down the line from Sunnyvale Station. On the way there I read A Dance With Dragons. At this point I can see that this book actually runs concurrently with A Feast For Crows, which is a good and bad thing. The good thing is that it picked up on a lot of stuff that wasn’t mentioned in the previous book, which was basically half the characters. The bad part is with the other side of the story not getting any extra news, it probably means that nothing really happens to some of the characters in this book. There were even many new characters in this book. In total there must be about 30 characters mentioned between all the books...which is getting a bit too complicated. Nevertheless, it is still an interesting read, compelling personalities and stories, albeit the main arc is very slow to develop now.

When we got to the game, we were kind of late. We didn’t miss the first pitch, but we did miss all the pregame things. Then again, we could do little to control that because it was the only Caltrain train that arrived at about the right time without going way too early.

The game was between the Giants and the Dodgers, and when the tickets were first bought, it seemed to be an interesting rivalry game between 2 of the oldest teams in baseball with a piece of the playoffs at stake. However, the Giants managed to totally slip in the last month so none of them are going to make the playoffs this year. Today was a very good day to see the Giants, as they won 8-1. If someone told me that the Giants would score 8 runs today, I would have laughed at them for being crazy. The interesting part is they started scoring their runs right after my sister went to play the slides, because the game was getting slow and boring.

The Caltrain on the way back was very crowded, the most crowded I’ve ever seen actually. I guess taking the express train right after the game finishes is a popular option. We got back ok in time for dinner, which was ribs and chicken tenders with broccoli and cheese soup, all which was very nice.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”