其實生活中的感動無處8在的~~

回答: 和平獎也有感動我的時刻~~~咖啡屋的角落2009-10-10 12:02:24

8光4名人富人們的慈善,老百姓無名小卒同樣會做出讓人敬佩感動的事情,從某種意義上來講,他們也同樣的偉大!今天的1則新聞94個例子:

Witness gives £10,000 reward to rape victim confined to wheelchair

A man who was awarded £10,000 for helping police to track down a violent rapist has given the money to the victim.

The woman was left for dead under a truck after being attacked by Jakub Tomczak. She spent weeks in a coma and is still confined to a wheelchair more than three years after the attack. Tomczak was later given a double life sentence.

Lloyd Gardner, 22, came forward in response to a Crimestoppers appeal broadcast after the woman was found naked and unconscious. Her attacker had been caught earlier on a closed-circuit television camera as he chatted to two women in the street in Exeter.

Mr Gardner, a restaurant manager, recognised the two Polish women and put them in touch with the police, which led to Tomczak’s identification. He said: “I thought what I told police was quite minor but they told me it was what they needed and had been a vital part of the case.”

Tomczak, 24, was extradited from Poland and convicted at Exeter Crown Court. Detectives described the attack on the woman as she walked home from a nightclub as one of the most brutal they had ever dealt with. Mr Gardner, from Ottery St Mary, Devon, was later given the £10,000 reward but he said that he wanted to donate it to the victim to help her to rebuild her life.

“I didn’t feel like I’d earned it,” he said. “The fact that such a horrific thing happened to that lady, I thought it would benefit her life more than it would mine. I just wanted to try and improve her standard of life. It is a huge amount of money but I’ve been lucky throughout my life — she nearly died and was left in a horrendous state after the attack.

“I thought the money would go a lot further to improve her situation. I just wanted to help in any way possible and I hope this has done that.”

Tomczak was working as a hospital night porter when he raped the woman. He has since been sent back to Poland to serve his sentence. His victim has been told that she will never fully recover from her injuries.

Sergeant Nick Harper, of Ottery St Mary police, said: “Lloyd’s act of kindness was unbelievable. He is an outstanding member of the community.”

A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Constabulary said: “Lloyd responded to a press appeal, having recognised the two females who were shown in the appeal.

“The witness testimony of the females in the photo was instrumental in the successful prosecution and conviction of a most dangerous and violent man.

“In identifying them he showed great sensitivity and selflessness in ensuring that the seriously injured victim received the reward money.”

Tomczak’s legal team have challenged whether his double life sentence is valid under Polish law but his lawyer Mariusk Paplaczyk said in August that any fight to reduce his jail term had been dropped.

Mr Gardner has now been chosen by Ottery St Mary police officially to open their new base on Thursday.

Lloyd Gardner said that he did not feel he deserved the money

所有跟帖: 

correct, 感動無處8在的~~, -咖啡屋的角落- 給 咖啡屋的角落 發送悄悄話 咖啡屋的角落 的博客首頁 (106 bytes) () 10/10/2009 postreply 14:08:37

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!