曆史上的六月十三日

來源: fubin 2023-06-13 02:23:38 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (65481 bytes)

曆史上的6/13

今天是6/13日,2023年的第164天,今年還剩201天。

人類曆史上的今天,發生了如下值得我關注的事件:

——1858

《中俄天津條約》簽訂

《中俄天津條約》,是1858年(鹹豐八年)613日清朝與沙皇俄國簽訂的不平等條約,該條約與《中美天津條約》、《中英天津條約》和《中法天津條約》構成了《天津條約》的主體。

——1886

加拿大????????溫哥華大火

18866月十三號一場大火燒毀了加拿大????????不列顛哥倫比亞省溫哥華市的近1000棟建築。溫哥華遭受大火後不久,溫哥華消防部門(英語:Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services)便迅速成立。

Fire destroys nearly 1,000 buildings in Vancouver, British Columbia

——1900

1900年,德國駐華大使馮·凱特勒男爵用手杖毆打了兩名年輕的義和團兄弟,引起義和團反抗,夜間大火燒紅了整個北京 。最後該大使被義和團打死。

In China, Baron von Kettler, the German minister to China, beats two young Boxers with his walking stick; when word of this circulates, rioting and arson spread throughout Peking during the night

——1922 

人類曆史上有記載的打嗝最久的人開始打嗝

hiccups.jpeg

1922年六月十三日,美國愛荷華州農場主Charlie Osborne 查理.奧斯本在把一隻三百五十磅的豬吊起來時,摔倒在地。此後他開始不停地打嗝,一直打了六十八年之久。這是打嗝的世界吉斯尼記錄。1990年的某一天,奧斯本不明原因地停止打嗝。十一個月後,奧斯本去世。患病期間,奧斯本平均每分鍾打嗝2040次,在1991597歲去世之前,他總共打了約4.3億次嗝。

生前他四處求醫問藥無果。有一個醫生說他摔倒在地的時候跌破了一條供應大腦腦幹????打嗝抑製區的血管,導致打嗝。那麽他最後突然不打嗝了,是他的血管又突然接通了嗎?——編者

“I was hanging a 350-pound hog for butchering,” Osborne told People magazine in 1982. “I picked it up and then I fell down. I felt nothingEver since the accident on June 13, 1922, Osborne had hiccupped nonstop for almost seven decades. Osborne’s plight remains the longest attack of hiccups confirmed by Guinness World Records.

Charlie Osborne continued his hiccuping 

for 68 years, died 11 months after it stopped.

No doctor was able to help him. “One of the doctors I seen said later that I busted a blood vessel the size of a pin in my brain.” (The doctor in question, Terence Anthoney, posited that Osborne’s fall destroyed a small area in the brain stem that inhibits the hiccup response.

The man’s intractable hiccups, suddenly subsided in 1990

On average, Osborne experienced 20 to 40 involuntary diaphragm spasms per minute. In total, he hiccupped an estimated 430 million times before his death in May 1991 at age 97. 

The Curious Case of Charles Osborne, Who Hiccupped for 68 Years Straight | History| Smithsonian Magazine

美國郵局禁止通過包裹郵寄兒童

按當時的郵寄價格,如果一個孩子的體重低於50磅的包裹重量限製,則以包裹郵遞該孩子比其他旅行方式更便宜;因此當時父母郵寄孩子的事情各地郵局時有發生。

US Post Office says children cannot be sent by parcel post (after various instances)

Children "mailed" by their parents because it was cheaper to mail them - if a child came in under the 50 pound parcel weight limit, than other ways to travel

——1925 

1925年美國人查爾斯·詹金斯展示了同步圖片和聲音的傳輸(早期電視)。三年後,他成立了美國第一家電視台W3XK,作為詹金斯電視公司的一部分,從華盛頓特區廣播。

IMG_5088.jpeg

Charles Jenkins demonstrates the transmission of synchronized pictures and sound (early television)

Jenkins was later active in television, becoming the first person to publicly demonstrate synchronized transmission of silhouette pictures and sound in June 1925. Three years later, he inaugurated America's first TV station, W3XK, broadcasting from Washington DC as part of the Jenkins Television Corporation.

—-1966

美國確立保護犯罪嫌疑人權利

1966613日,美國最高法院在米蘭達告訴亞利桑那州一案中做出裁決。確立了在審訊前必須告知所有犯罪嫌疑人的權利的原則。製定了標準的警察程序語:你有權保持沉默。你說的任何話都可以,而且將會在法庭上對你不利,你有權聘請律師。如果你買不起,就會任命一個人給你,這些話在電視和電影劇中聽過很多次,以至於幾乎人人耳熟能詳。

The Miranda rights are established

On June 13, 1966, the U.S. Supreme Court hands down its decision in Miranda v. Arizona, establishing the principle that all criminal suspects must be advised of their rights before interrogation. Now considered standard police procedure, “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can, and will, be used against you in court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you,” has been heard so many times in television and film dramas that it has become almost cliche.

美國的先鋒10探測器成為第一個飛出太陽係的人造天體。

t013ad1b3095e6ac36b.jpg

1972年美國國家航空與宇宙飛行局(NASA)發射的先驅者10號,於1983613日飛出海王星的軌道。由於冥王星的軌道是個大橢圓,在此後17年裏,其軌道都將在海王星的軌道內。先驅者10號將是第一個飛出太陽係的人造物體。

閱讀全文

NASA's Pioneer 10 becomes the 1st man-made object to leave the solar system

——2000

韓國總統金大中在北方首都平壤會見朝鮮領導人金正日,開始首次朝韓峰會。

South Korean President Kim Dae-jung meets leader of North Korea Kim Jong-il, for the beginning of the first ever inter-Korea summit, in the northern capital of Pyongyang

——2008

台灣海基會董事長江丙坤中國大陸海協會會長陳雲林,在北京釣魚台賓館簽署《在大陸居民赴台旅遊協議》和《兩岸周末包機會談紀要》文件。

——2018 

南極冰川正在加速融化

《自然》雜誌發表的報告中強調:南極每年以2000億噸的融化速度,冰雪消融;25年內將有3萬億噸冰川融化。

Antarctica is melting at an accelerating rate - 200 billion tonnes a year, 3 trillion tonnes in 25 years, in report published in "Nature" journal

——2022 

6月十三日,在世人高通脹和經濟衰退憂心重重之中,標準普爾下跌3.9%,比最近的一月三日的高點下跌20%,紐約證券交易所進入熊市。

New York stock exchange enters bear market territory (defined as falling 20% from a recent high - Jan 3) after the S&P falls 3.9%, amid fears of high inflation and a recession

更多我的博客文章>>>
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”