新概念英語第四冊有篇文章說的就是這事:一個作者想要拉近與讀者的距離,關注自己在他人眼中的形象,最終會造成自己的毀滅。

來源: 煙鬥狼 2022-04-06 05:42:50 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2967 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 煙鬥狼 ] 在 2022-04-06 05:48:54 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

This temptation to cover the distance between himself and the reader, to study his image in the sight of those who do not know him, can be his undoing: he has begun to write to please.

Lesson 48 What Every Writer Wants

John le Carre

I have known very few writers, but those I have known, and whom I respected, confess at once that they have little idea where they are going when they first set pen to paper. They have a character, perhaps two; they are in that condition of eager discomfort which passes for inspiration; all admit radical changes of destination once the journey has begun; one, to my certain knowledge, spent nine months on a novel about Kashmir, then reset the whole thing in the Scottish Highlands. I never heard of anyone making a 'skeleton', as we were taught at school. In the breaking and remaking, in the timing, interweaving, beginning afresh, the writer comes to discern things in his material which were not consciously in his mind when he began. This organic process, often leading to moments of extraordinary self-discovery, is of an indescribable fascination. A blurred image appears, he adds a brushstroke and another, and it is gone; but something was there, and he will not rest till he has captured it. Sometimes the yeast within a writer outlives a book he has written. I have heard of writers who read nothing but their own books; like adolescents they stand before the mirror, and still cannot fathom the exact outline of the vision before them. For the same reason, writers talk interminably about their own books, winkling out hidden meanings, super-imposing new ones, begging response from those around them. Of course a writer doing this is misunderstood: he might as well try to explain a crime or a love affair. He is also, incidentally, an unforgivable bore.

This temptation to cover the distance between himself and the reader, to study his image in the sight of those who do not know him, can be his undoing: he has begun to write to please.

A young English writer made the pertinent observation a year or two back that the talent goes into the first draft, and the art into the drafts that follow. For this reason also the writer, like any other artist, has no resting place, no crowd or movement in which he may take comfort, no judgment from outside which can replace the judgment from within. A writer makes order out of the anarchy of his heart; he submits himself to a more ruthless discipline than any critic dreamed of, and when he flirts with fame, he is taking time off from living with himself, from the search for what his world contains at its inmost point.

所有跟帖: 

但這個道理我最早是在1986年北大的講座上聽劉曉波說的:一個作家意識到自己是一個作家時,他就不再是一個作家了。 -煙鬥狼- 給 煙鬥狼 發送悄悄話 煙鬥狼 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2022 postreply 05:48:02

當時他反對的是文藝為工農兵服務,把建國以後的作家,諸如茅盾、巴金、冰心、丁玲等罵了個一溜夠。 -煙鬥狼- 給 煙鬥狼 發送悄悄話 煙鬥狼 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2022 postreply 05:59:39

他認為中國沒有獨立作家,中國的作家不知道獨立為何物,總要想法取悅他人,要不就沒法活。 -煙鬥狼- 給 煙鬥狼 發送悄悄話 煙鬥狼 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2022 postreply 06:03:54

我想他說的這個問題現在亦然。從革命文學到市場文學,中國作家的本性幾十年就沒改變過。 -煙鬥狼- 給 煙鬥狼 發送悄悄話 煙鬥狼 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2022 postreply 06:06:09

我對讀者保持尊重,尊重他的喜歡和不喜歡,願意與他進行事後溝通,但在我的寫作空間裏並沒有他的位置。 -煙鬥狼- 給 煙鬥狼 發送悄悄話 煙鬥狼 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2022 postreply 06:17:13

我在寫《老煙記事》的過程中,最反感兩類人介入:一類是編輯,一類是家人。普通讀者我並不特別提防,說些什麽我也不在意。 -煙鬥狼- 給 煙鬥狼 發送悄悄話 煙鬥狼 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2022 postreply 06:24:25

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”