謝謝分享文章,因為是關於匹茲堡的,看了

來源: ibelieu 2021-08-26 20:23:39 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1269 bytes)
回答: 留學回憶(3):初到匹茲堡Chang_Le2021-08-26 04:25:03

很親切。我81年來美第一個學校就是匹大,在那裏兩年,印象深刻。那時我住在 Posvar Hall (那時還叫 Forbes Quadrangle) 後麵的 Meyran Ave 上。下麵是我最近才寫的一段有關那時在匹大所見的回憶:

It was in the fall; a very nice day like today.  It was late afternoon.  I was leaving Posvar Hall to go home when I heard children whooping with joy and saw a group of school kids playing an impromptu ball game in front of the hall.  They were running, they were jumping, they were laughing, they were grabbing the ball, they were throwing it high into the air; they were having a really good time.  And then, amidst all that joy and laughter and childish exuberance, I spotted this happy little puppy.  He was dashing and leaping and yelping with these kids.  The kids clearly treated him like he was part of them; he clearly saw himself as no different from the boys.  The boys and the puppy were gamboling in such harmony in that golden glow of the setting sun I almost couldn’t tell them apart.  I remember thinking, as I was watching them, "There’s the way things should be.  I wouldn’t mind staying here for life."

所有跟帖: 

謝謝關注,也謝謝分享你關於 匹茲堡的回憶,很有意思。 我是 93年到的匹茲堡,那時候 Posvar Hall 還叫 Forbe -Chang_Le- 給 Chang_Le 發送悄悄話 Chang_Le 的博客首頁 (211 bytes) () 08/27/2021 postreply 08:38:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”