My roofer goes crazy請高人指教

I posted my story 碰到這樣的騙子怎辦?here on 8/1/09(attached below).
Thanks##^^## again for the advise.(attached below)

Then I stared to call him and left massages daily since 8/3/09, still no matter how many massages left, no reply. On 8/5/09 I filed a complain with BBB, 8/6/09 sent a certified letter to him, told him to reply me no late than 4PM 8/10/09 and faxed that certified letter as final notice(His fax just work) on 8/10/09 morning.
He called on 7:20PM 8/10/09 and sound very angry and crazy. He said:”I am Patrick from Apple tree Renovations, I got the letter from BBB and your fax……”
I didn’t hear clearly for the middle part of his speak, cause I was toward to turn off my tv, also he spoken very fast, but I heard last two sentence very clear. He said “You do not call me again. you. Have nice day.” Then he hanged up.
I filed police report the next day. The police said I can go crime or civil.請高人指教which way I should go?

Also I just know someone has hold this roofer’s payment(the person had same situation like me and just got the work done and he is willing to help me), is there any way I can hold this payment? If I go small court, can judge rule this payment to me?

P.S. This roofer has many face, sometimes he is nice and patient, sometimes he plays very sick, sounds he almost die, but most of time he doesn’t sound sick. He probable has heart disease. If he pretend that he is sick at court, 請高人指教 suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

碰到這樣的騙子怎辦?本人在Atlanta area, 3個月前和一個roofing 公司簽了換房頂油氈的合同,並付了$4000+,當時他說因天氣無法定修的日期,但會在2-3weeks finish work. 所以合同上沒具體日期。這公司在我的subdivision那時已換完了十幾家,我左右鄰居都是他換的,鄰居都說這公司好。簽完合同後,見他們又在我的subdivision換了幾家,因此感覺正常,就等開工。6月時感到他們速度慢,但也沒太催,隻是6月中時打了電話,主要和我聯係的人說他不在那公司了。讓我和owner聯係。與owner通話,他說他的人離開了,使他忙不過來,但next week will be me.七月初打電話,owner 說他 got heart attack, but now things are going to be normal, next week will be me. 之後給他電話他不接,留言不回。後發現the address on the contract is a home not an office , this house’s title also is not on his name, his fax number is no fax answer. 現有幸he answers phone, he gives a lot of reason and said you will be next week. I asked him to send me something in writing , he said OK, but he won’t do it. Ask him to give the check back, he finds a lot of reason and says next week will be me.
請高人指教除了打電話還有什辦法?
去small court 也拿不到錢。現知為什騙子橫行。你要告他還要花更多的錢,而什也拿不回來。

##^^##Once you hand him the money, you will be at the back of the queue. He would work on your job only when he has no
other jobs. He would work the other jobs where the money
depending on FINISH the job. That is why you should never
give small contractor more than the cost of materials for
the job up front and never pay the last installment until
you are happy with the job. In your situation, you have
to keep calling him, 10-20 times a day if you have to
and don't feel bad for him what so ever.
As long as he is not going bankrupt, he will do your
job eventually.

所有跟帖: 

怎麽沒有高手理我? -whataworld- 給 whataworld 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 09:54:26

回複:My roofer goes crazy請高人指教 -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (785 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 11:55:17

非常感謝單身老貓的幫助。還請幫忙下2 個問題: -whataworld- 給 whataworld 發送悄悄話 (481 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 19:18:49

回複:非常感謝單身老貓的幫助。還請幫忙下2 個問題: -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (711 bytes) () 08/14/2009 postreply 08:19:12

回複:回複:非常感謝單身老貓的幫助。還請幫忙下2 個問題: -whataworld- 給 whataworld 發送悄悄話 (21 bytes) () 08/14/2009 postreply 09:21:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!