回複:回複:to EMAIL

來源: scoopydoo 2004-07-16 13:24:57 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1387 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ scoopydoo ] 在 2004-08-13 06:54:57 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 回複:回複:回複:to EMAILscoopydoo2004-07-16 11:31:47
No, these cases are not Black lawsuits and not old at all. The two lawsuits against U. of Michigan occurred just several years ago. All these cases challenge the constitutionality of affirmative action, which benefits Blacks and other minorities. You can call them reverse-discrimination cases. In addition, historical court decisions are good laws if they haven't been overruled.

I agree with you that Email may not have a case if the whole event is as what he described. However, I will not draw this conclusion since I don't know all the details. Does Email overreact to what had happened to him? Is the Professor only against him, or is he unfair to many other students? Does the professor have a long history of being unfair to students?

I feel the topic we are discussing here is not simply whether Email should bring the lawsuit, but whether a Chinese should speak out once he suffers unfair treatments. Legal help is one way to seek for relief. It doesn't mean that we should file lawsuit for any trivial unfairness, but we really should learn how to protect our legal rights once they are violated. It is not a shame to go to the court. US society encourages such conduct as long as one doesn't make up all the supporting facts. In many cases, the person who sues not only gets relief for his personal damage, but helps many others who are similarly situated.

所有跟帖: 

support scoopydo's point! -support!~- 給 support!~ 發送悄悄話 (979 bytes) () 07/16/2004 postreply 22:48:48

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”