回複:誰願意做你的律師?

來源: Scoopydoo 2004-07-16 10:26:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2066 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Scoopydoo ] 在 2004-08-13 06:54:57 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 大家看看我有希望告贏學校嗎?email2004-07-12 13:39:52
What if this American professor keeps on treating foreign students, especially Chinese students, unfairly? What if it is you who had experienced the unfairness?

To Email:
Before you decide to file the lawsuit, you may think clearly about what is your loss in this event. If it is only for the unsatisfaction of your grade, you may not have a case of action against the professor. It is hard to claim discrimination because you have a high burden of proof: you need to show you had been discriminated in many events and the professor had the intention to discriminate you. Different States may have different law, but those I mentioned before usually are the basic elements that you need to prove. One unfair decision of your grade is not sufficient to build up your case. Grading student is within the the realm of school policy and is the professor's discretion. Most courts will leave it to the school to solve such problems as long as there is no discrimating pattern against students of a certain race. Of course, if other foreign students have the same experience as you have, then it is another story.
I think it was great that you filed the complaint to the school. We Chinese people have to learn to speak out our feeling. I don't know if the Committee's decision is final. Can you appeal the decision? Also it would be good if you go through the materials that you submitted to the Committee and the professor's counterargument as well, figuring out what made the Committee to make such a decision. You may submit a report to the President, listing your evidence and your rebutal against the Committee's argument. Doing so may not change anything, but it will let the school know that you think the decision is unfair. At least, you will leave a record against that professor.

If you decide to sue, it would be better to consult an attorney first. Let him evaluate your situation: whether there is any statute or case laws supporting your claim; whether you have sufficient evidence, etc.

Anyway, I wish you good luck.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:誰願意做你的律師? -jerryyan- 給 jerryyan 發送悄悄話 (162 bytes) () 07/16/2004 postreply 10:30:49

謝謝你回這麽長的帖,和給校長寫信的建議。 -email- 給 email 發送悄悄話 (102 bytes) () 07/16/2004 postreply 10:40:22

回複:謝謝你回這麽長的帖,和給校長寫信的建議。 -jerryyan- 給 jerryyan 發送悄悄話 (140 bytes) () 07/16/2004 postreply 10:46:58

美國法庭是伸張正義的好地方,我是窮學生來美兩年大兩場官司 -贏了兩場官司- 給 贏了兩場官司 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2004 postreply 16:34:24

美國是法製健全的國家,任何人受了委屈都不應該忍,那是愚蠢的懦 -夫行為。- 給 夫行為。 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2004 postreply 16:36:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”