sure

來源: caliber 2009-02-07 12:15:25 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1617 bytes)
回答: unlikelycaliber2009-02-06 21:07:33
to become a patent agent that specializes in biomed, a PHD is almost mandatory. many law firms I know of would not even consider you unless you have a phd in biomed or related field. the good thing is there is a relative shortage of biomed phd that is willing to transition to patent prosecution. so that is a huge plus for you. the main reason is not because there is a shortage of patent agent in general, but in order to prosecute biomed patents, you really need to have the background knowledge. but for mechanical or software patents, pretty much everybody can do them.

to become a patent agent, all you need to do is take the exam. once you passed, you are an agent. but that does not mean you will get a job as a patent agent though.

you will need to contact law firms around you and look for opportunities. again, if you are in law school, things will be much easier. a big part of law school is to training you on legal writing, and to give you a general background knowledge of the law. both of which are very important for patent agents/attorneys.

then again, i guess it is possible to be just a patent agent, not a patent attorney. the thing is that i don't think a patent agent earns much though. last i heard, it's around $70k in my area. it could be higher in east coast, but i don't imagine it to be much higher. to bump the salary up, you really need to become a patent attorney, which means you have to go to law school and pass the bar exam.

it's not easy. so make sure you know what you are doing before you make the jump.

Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

the patent bar -caliber- 給 caliber 發送悄悄話 caliber 的博客首頁 (788 bytes) () 02/07/2009 postreply 12:24:42

回複:the patent bar -genehunter- 給 genehunter 發送悄悄話 (30 bytes) () 02/07/2009 postreply 14:44:16

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”