急問: Can we cancel this roofing contract?

來源: aidanmom 2008-11-13 21:43:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1426 bytes)
Our house was damaged by hurricane Ike. On Nov 3, we signed a contract for whole roof replacement, with Contract A. We were told the wait was 4 weeks. On the contract, there was no estimated or committed start date from the contractor. He verbally stated that we could cancel the contract anytime. He had plenty of work. We called on Nov 10 to check on the progress of waiting list, and were told there is a 4-6 weeks wait, that they were very busy and yada yada. We felt unease about the wait time. There was no bad weather during that week. It seems like the tomorrow that will never become today.

This morning, I told our situation to a neighbor. She recommended Contractor B. He came, gave us estimate and said he could start next week. He seems to be very good. We now want to use B, especially he can start much earlier than A.

We called A tonight. At first he said the wait is still the same. We told him we couldn’t wait for 4-6 weeks forever and we wanted to cancel the contract. He became very annoyed. He said we can’t do that. He denied that he said we could cancel the contract anytime.

My question is that can we cancel the contract? My neighbor thinks the contract is invalid because there is no estimated or committed start date from the contractor. If we can’t cancel the contract, then we are screwed (excuse my language). Please advice. Thanks a million!

所有跟帖: 

BTW, I am in Texas. -AidanMom- 給 AidanMom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2008 postreply 21:50:52

再看一下合同,沒開工前應可以拒絕他們的服務.覺得他在恐嚇你. -citygirl08- 給 citygirl08 發送悄悄話 citygirl08 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2008 postreply 05:15:59

I am not a lawyer, but here is what I would do: -troublefree- 給 troublefree 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2008 postreply 08:46:49

I am not a lawyer, but here is my suggestion -troublefree- 給 troublefree 發送悄悄話 (427 bytes) () 11/14/2008 postreply 08:52:01

Thank you! -aidanmom- 給 aidanmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2008 postreply 10:25:09

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”