請教again:::::get laid off. Is it discrimination?

First, Thank you for all responses!!

I understand I can get laid off after 12 weeks maternity leave by my big company. But I think that I didn’t get re-hire by my group is discrimination. I have excellent previous performance review in paper. (proof 1) I can do other people’s job too because the job description is similar in our group. (proof 2) There are 3 new hires in my group and 1 got hired during my maternity leave. (proof 3 that it is not financial reason.)
Are above enough to fight for my rights? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The real reason I got laid off is politics and others. A long story. But I am mad and feel hurt that this is not the right way to treat me.

Can you also give me any suggestions how to find an employment lawyer?

*Below is the old post.
(My company re-org and sold my group. it is like that my big company laid off everyone in my group, and my group rehired some people to form another independent company. So, I got laid off while I am still on maternity leave.
And I am the only one that got laid off in my small team around 10 people.

Also, during my pregnancy, my team had 3 new hires and one of them even got hired when I am on maternity leave. I have been with this company for more than 2 years. I am feel discriminated. Can I use legal service to protect myself? If yes, how? )

Thank you!!!

所有跟帖: 

黃頁! (美國五十個州,各州有不同的法規...) -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (116 bytes) () 11/12/2008 postreply 22:21:29

回複:黃頁! (美國五十個州,各州有不同的法規...) -忙不完媽媽- 給 忙不完媽媽 發送悄悄話 (11 bytes) () 11/13/2008 postreply 19:08:53

基本沒戲 -TBz- 給 TBz 發送悄悄話 TBz 的博客首頁 (66 bytes) () 11/12/2008 postreply 23:40:56

回複:請教again:::::get laid off. Is it discrimination? -lm30- 給 lm30 發送悄悄話 (535 bytes) () 11/13/2008 postreply 08:14:33

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!