The ticket is totally irrelevant

來源: replevin 2006-02-06 16:07:43 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1756 bytes)
You can go to traffic court to appeal the ticker but the outcome is irrelevant to the outcome of the insurance claims.

If I were you I will not settle with the insurance company because you DID NOT cause the accident. The cop was wrong and the insurance company was wrong. You need to prepare for this lawsuit not the traffic court. First, the cop can write whatever she thought was right, but based on what you just said, I don't think you caused the crash. You can stop in the work lane and that IS a violation of the ordinance but it is very confusing why the cop said that you caused the crash. In a tort court, the cop's statement will be treated only as evidence and whether you are liable or not is not dependent on what she said but what the jury decides. As the cop said, your stopping in the work lane was a violation of the traffic code but the code is designed to protect road workers, not a traffic accident. Your violation does not mean that you breached a duty to other drivers. Second, even if you are in breach of a duty to the victims, there is still a proximate cause issue. The victims are supposed to take reasonable care of themselves. Some states use doctrine of last clear chance that even if you created that peril, if the victim had the last clear chance to avoid the accident, you are NOT responsible for the damage. Don't know about MA but a tort lawyer will explain the local rule to you. In your case, based on what you said, I think that you violated the traffic code so that you are responsible for the ticket of $50. The driver of the first car is responsible for the accident, not you. Try to talk the insurance company to drop the claim against you. If it does not, find a lawyer to go the court.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝大家的回複.下午出去了,沒能及時RESPOND你們的貼子.抱歉! -秋雨~~~- 給 秋雨~~~ 發送悄悄話 (1481 bytes) () 02/06/2006 postreply 19:52:55

各位大俠,我沒有證人,也沒有用相機拍下當時場麵.該怎樣在法庭上 -秋雨~~~- 給 秋雨~~~ 發送悄悄話 (62 bytes) () 02/06/2006 postreply 21:06:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”