請教老貓和其他大俠: 遭遇車禍,對方乘客索賠.

來源: semibull 2011-03-11 00:53:03 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3815 bytes)

Last time I already described about the accident under title:遭遇車禍,對方乘客索賠.

Following is more development and my current question is how much will it matter if I can prove the other side is Mexico illegal immigrant?

Recently I investigate his background.   I checked online  peoplefinders.com  and can't find any of those two drivers and passenger record.   Anyone of you can find your past address, phone number all online. If you live in US as resident, has a phone, use credit card, pay utility bill.   Your information will end up on the online database.   I checked many example,  all people I know of can be find on that database.   But I can't search those two Mexico guy on database.  So they rent apartment don't use their own name, no telephone, no credit card?  But they claim they are US legal resident.   My lawyer (two, one from insurence and one I hired) believe it.

The lawyer did deposition to them.  They admit they are Mexicon citizen.  Claim they are legal resident here.  They have driver license and one has  SSN.    They works for construction company as labor.   If I can prove they are illegal resident.  It means they are purjury.   They contfeit the fake document.    The work illgally.   On the top of that they try to cheap and get money from me.

I will repeat a little background here.   The guy sue me is passenger on pickup truck.   The driver did not sue me    We have $15,000 limit on person injury on our insurence.    The guy sue us claim he did not work for one year due to injury.    However,  the pickup truck hit me on driver side door.   I only have minor injury and rest for less than 10  days and went to work.    I was in toyota corolla car.   He sit on a much big truck.  His truck hit my driver side door.  How can he injuried more than me?   He is clear fake.   His hispanic lawyer work with him make this a big case and at one time he claimed his case worth $160,000.   Now reduced to arround $35000 and he would accept settlement.

My insurence laywer tried to pusade me to pay rest mony plus the insurence money to settler the case.  He does not want to go to court.

Recently,  my research shows I can use "proper lookout" law to put fault at their side.   I claim I was stopped on the road and after 2-3 seconds.   His truck hit me.   They claim our car out of control and stopped on front of his lane.   He don't have time to stop.   I have one passenger on my car and he has one passenger on his truck. 

So I think if I can prove he is illegal immigrant,  can I win the case?   Because  it obvious ly he  lied about his  resident status,  he cheat for work.   He lied under oath.     Of course he lied he was serious injuried by working with his lawyer.    However,  my insurence lawyer keep scare me that I could pay much more in court.   He press me to pay money to settle the case.

所有跟帖: 

回複:請教老貓和其他大俠: 遭遇車禍,對方乘客索賠. -ahhhh- 給 ahhhh 發送悄悄話 (111 bytes) () 03/11/2011 postreply 10:14:10

Just report him to INS? If INS deports him, then there won't be -N.- 給 N. 發送悄悄話 N. 的博客首頁 (37 bytes) () 03/11/2011 postreply 13:11:18

Even if they are deported -ahhhh- 給 ahhhh 發送悄悄話 (39 bytes) () 03/11/2011 postreply 14:15:49

The problem he is fake injury. -semibull- 給 semibull 發送悄悄話 (618 bytes) () 03/12/2011 postreply 10:23:20

回複:The problem he is fake injury. -ahhhh- 給 ahhhh 發送悄悄話 (128 bytes) () 03/12/2011 postreply 15:40:21

one thing for sure--immigration status is not a valid argument -imo- 給 imo 發送悄悄話 (301 bytes) () 03/11/2011 postreply 13:35:56

The question is who is responsible for the car accident -有感而發- 給 有感而發 發送悄悄話 (188 bytes) () 03/12/2011 postreply 21:59:49

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”