看看西方如何評價這場鬧劇

來源: Sunnylian. 2014-05-08 18:35:32 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2267 bytes)
這些人真的是要挑戰科學以及倫理道德的底線,並試圖用法律來混淆科學問題,真做到了不知羞恥。人們現在在懷疑是不是整個科學界對博士生的教育就缺乏倫理道德和基本寫作方麵的培訓。

http://www.ipscell.com/2014/05/did-obokata-get-a-fair-shake-on-stap-cell-mess/#comment-28099

1)Shunsuke Ishii, the head of the Riken’s investigative committee, resigned after exposure of inappropriate image manipulation in his own publication (Oncogene, 2008 and JBC, 2004).

He defended that his presentation was “not a problem, according to the rules ten years ago”. Now this is a total b.s. As I explained in my previous post, this kind of image manipulation was clearly a problem even 10 years ago. If Obokata is fired and Ishii gets away (one of the journals already accepted his corrigendum), I would say it’s completely unfair. Intent is irrelevant. Raw data cannot be manipulated in certain ways or such manipulation has to be disclosed.

2)One of the problems in the STAP papers was already pointed out in 2012!!! And the authors just ignored it??? Well, now we know Obokata is sloppy, allegedly, so I can imagine she just missed this comment, but what about other authors? Don’t you read reviewers’ comments very carefully, especially when you got rejected, and try to incorporate them when you revise your manuscript? What’s going on? Now I don’t think other senior authors (except Sasai, who hadn’t joined the band yet in 2012) can possibly claim that they didn’t’ know, thus they are innocent。

3)It seems obvious that standards for PhD theses within Japan, at least at some universities, were virtually non-existent, and that wide-spread copying-and pasting of text, plagiarism, to put it bluntly, was more or less openly tolerated. I have no idea how widespread figure-doctoring is in Japanese biological science, but as an outsider I’m guessing there are a fair number of people who do it at least sometimes (judging from the Riken committee members).

所有跟帖: 

對這段話很感興趣, -靜齋居士- 給 靜齋居士 發送悄悄話 靜齋居士 的博客首頁 (1426 bytes) () 05/08/2014 postreply 19:01:32

問題是這些人都沒有表現出teamwork精神來。 -Sunnylian.- 給 Sunnylian. 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/08/2014 postreply 19:11:34

哪裏有空teamwork?每年9,10月份申請fund,比寫文章還花時間, -王翠花- 給 王翠花 發送悄悄話 王翠花 的博客首頁 (217 bytes) () 05/08/2014 postreply 20:59:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”