回複:回複:回複:緊急求助!

來源: 863211 2011-01-03 22:33:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2701 bytes)
回答: 回複:回複:緊急求助!叫羊種田2011-01-03 22:20:29

Additional question:  When I filed my I-485 back in 2007, I already paid a criminal lawyer to write a letter of Legal Opinion.

In the letter, the lawyer clearly stated that my conviction is not a violation of a law or regulation of any state, the United States, or a foreign country because I was convicted to a city court, rather than the authority of the State.  Also, as a "simple possession" ordinance, I meet a specific exception to removability.  Therefore, my conviction should not render me subject to removability and inadmissibility.

I submitted this letter with my I-485 application.  Is it possible that the local INS officer is not familiar with this law or just simply didn't read that letter of Legal Opinion? 

-Different officers may have their own judgement and you still have a chance to defend yourself later or in the court if necessary. Do you still have all the copies of documents on your misconduct including the letter of the lawyer? You will need these documents later.

Or has the law changed since 2007?

-Nothing changed.

Do I need to make an appointment to visit the local INS office and if so, how do I make it?

-Yes, you had better do that. Make an appointment at: https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php

Again, thank you so much for your help!  I am in such a dire situation so I am truly grateful for your kindness!

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:回複:回複:緊急求助! -叫羊種田- 給 叫羊種田 發送悄悄話 (420 bytes) () 01/03/2011 postreply 22:55:13

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”