回複:上麵的回複有問題,仔細看看移民局有關J1的說明

來源: 863211 2009-06-16 14:15:04 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1322 bytes)
實際上,你如果在歐洲再多待一個多月(2003年9月-2005年8月),兩年期限就不存在了,因為你隻要J1結束後離開美國就開始算時間,而不管你是否在其它國家待著。
-Not true.

See the following from: http://www.hooyou.com/j-1/j1_2year_rule_faq.html

Q: I received J-1 status while I was a citizen of Country A and instead of returning to Country A to fulfill the two-year foreign residency requirement I go to Country B and become a citizen there. Can I return to the U.S. with H status if I remain in Country B for at least two-years?

A: No. The two-year foreign residency requirement must be fulfilled in the country you were residing in at the time you received your J-1 status.

Example:
Sean is a citizen of China and received his J-1 visa while he was residing in China. After his J-1 status was expired, he had to go back to China to complete his two-year foreign residency requirement. Instead of going back to China, Sean went to Canada and became a Canadian citizen. After residing in Canada for two years, Sean wants to return to the U.S. with H status. However, Sean cannot return to the U.S. until he completes his two-year foreign residency requirement in China, since that is his country of permanent residence and was the country he resided in when he received his J-1 status.

所有跟帖: 

理解有誤,sorry -yummmmy2007- 給 yummmmy2007 發送悄悄話 (293 bytes) () 06/16/2009 postreply 15:38:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”