My experience and suggestion

來源: laohaoren 2009-03-12 22:02:02 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3509 bytes)
Going back to home at this time is a wonderful thing. however as a Chinese citizen without the GC, there are many issues you need to address before booking your flight ticket. I was in the similar situation ten years ago, and came back my own with my family, company paid travel for my entire family and shipping for my household stuff. But I started green card adventure over and now I am getting closer to my green card. I would like to share my experience here. though it's 10 years old, but in general, I believe most issues remain unchanged,maybe even worse, due to too many talent Chinese and cost, especially in this economical crisis.
just FYI.
我的新工作是由美國派回中國,人事部門不願意辦H1B(其實隻需要將我現在工作的H1B轉過去),理由是我的工作地點在中國,而非美國;如果我需要因公回美國(很少機會),就用B1/B2好了。

--- PJiang was right. you don't need a H1. Besides,if you are H1 while you are in China, some your H1 time will be wasted. I came back to US only once with B1 for two weeks training in two years.

新工作是先簽一年合同,之後renew(機會很大)。
-- It's really possible to renew the contract. Many companies have tried to localize no green card "expatriates" so they can control you better, and reduce their cost. If you are localized, you will eventually be like one of your local Chinese fellows. Then you are not valuable anymore.

我的顧慮主要是這份工作不提供長期合同,我雖然向往回國發展,但來美國多年了也不知道回國能否適應,所以希望保持H1B,留條後路,甚至辦個綠卡(白日夢啦)。
Most expatriates don't get the same job when they come back!
Depending on what field you are in, if you are not an entrepreneur, you will be a junior/senior labor anyway, your chance to be successful is very limited unless you have a strong personal network in China to support you. or you are a rare talent in your field, you can do it. There are just too many talent people there. If you are still young, you have time to show your value and realize your dream. That would be nice.

因為有不少H1B被派回中國的例子,所以我想長期回國並且保持H1B應該在法規上行得通。不知道有沒有類似經曆的朋友說一說?我應該用那些理由讓HR管 H1B簽證的相關人員同意為我辦理H1B,Immigration Service那邊也沒問題?
Two very important issues should be included in the contract before signing it:
1. Your company actually does not think you're really a part of them,except payroll. but you have to negotiate with them and in writing to bring you back with a L1/H1 visa and job offer at the end of the contract

2. Company will pay your local Chinese income tax. or at least US equivalent tax. and company should pick up the difference. You should include expense for returning travel.

You need to insist to come back to US after the contract period with a job offer, L1 should be a better options. then you can continue your green card dream.

如果實在不行,自己出錢辦有必要嗎?

You can't get the green card even just because you have money unless you are an investor. that's a total different business.

Basically, if you are out of US without a green card, you are dead. Of course, it depends on your company. My former company has been a very decent and respectful fortunate 100 company. But Remember Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way."

Just some thoughts off my head. may be out of date info. Good luck.

非常需要有這方麵經驗的朋友給些建議。先謝謝了。

所有跟帖: 

回複:My experience and suggestion -wenti2010- 給 wenti2010 發送悄悄話 (173 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 19:04:39

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”