There is a rarely used option to transfer an existing I485

來源: Immi_US 2005-12-16 14:03:23 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1106 bytes)
to an approved I140. But I am not sure if it is possible to transfer an I485 to a pending I140.

So the safest thing for you to do is to submit another I140 in another category (non sponsor related) as soon as possible. Thus, as soon as you get its approval, you can transfer your I485 to that before you leave your current university. Then you will be safe.

At the same time, still try to stay with your new employer. 6 month is not a short time and you can do a lot to find new chances, say get a new grand, find a new boss, or, take a temporary teaching position.

But when close to the ending of your current employmet you still have no progress for your I140 and you have to leave, you will need to make sure to have a next position available for you. Because the worse scenario is that you lose both I140/I485 after termination thus you will be out of status without immediate next employer.

This is a difficult time for you, but it is far from without hope and it is not worse that many of our country people are doing in the US.

Good luck!!!

所有跟帖: 

回複:There is a rarely used option to transfer an existing I485 -wwwwmmmm- 給 wwwwmmmm 發送悄悄話 (497 bytes) () 12/16/2005 postreply 14:19:53

回複:回複:There is a rarely used option to transfer an existin -Popcorn2006- 給 Popcorn2006 發送悄悄話 (417 bytes) () 12/16/2005 postreply 15:02:52

回複:回複:回複:There is a rarely used option to transfer an e -wwwwmmmm- 給 wwwwmmmm 發送悄悄話 (32 bytes) () 12/19/2005 postreply 08:51:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”