Powell 開金口,講到點子上了

來源: 財富001 2024-02-05 17:33:17 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3780 bytes)

一針見血……

PELLEY: How do you assess the national debt?

POWELL: We mostly try very hard not to comment on fiscal policy and instruct Congress on how to do their job when actually they have oversight over us. So, the national debt doesn't play a big role in our thinking. Doesn't play any role, actually, in our thinking. When Congress does deficit spending, that can be stimulative, that goes into our models. But we don't -- it's not our role at all to be a judge of fiscal policy in any way.

PELLEY: But is the national debt a danger to the economy in your review? You are this country's central banker.

POWELL: So, it, I would say this. In the long run, the U.S. is on an unsustainable fiscal path. The U.S. federal government's on an unsustainable fiscal path. And that just means that the debt is growing faster than the economy. So, it is unsustainable. I don't think that's at all controversial. And I think we know that we have to get back on a sustainable fiscal path. And I think you're starting to hear now from people in the elected branches who can make that happen. It's time that we got back to that focus.

I think the pandemic was a very special event, and it caused the government to really spend to ward off what looked like very severe downside risks. It's probably time, or past time, to get back to an adult conversation among elected officials about getting the federal government back on a sustainable fiscal path.

所有跟帖: 

Well said。鮑威爾還是很不錯,done a fine job -Pilot007- 給 Pilot007 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2024 postreply 17:37:43

人人都說巨債孬,唯有發債忘不了。 -94327956- 給 94327956 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2024 postreply 17:39:41

哈哈。 -財富001- 給 財富001 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2024 postreply 17:59:38

這種花錢方式不能持續,不是大家都知道的嗎?能管住花錢的手嗎? -SecondSpring- 給 SecondSpring 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2024 postreply 18:33:07

多少會有些輿論壓力 -財富001- 給 財富001 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2024 postreply 18:38:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”