To 15619

來源: CutOnce 2005-12-16 09:13:58 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2420 bytes)
Don't you know new technologies and low labor costs are available to all computer manufacturers? Manufacturing is a very complicated thing so don't simplify it by few terms. Generally speaking, operating cost is more important as almost all computer parts are commodities. Direct sell, high efficient logistic, large buying power and other sophisticated operating strategies (you may never heard of) make Dell's price competitive. Other computer manufacturers are forced to reform their operations more than once because of Dell. Dell is building a new high efficiency flexible factory in US to replace the one in Texas. The new factory will further lower per computer cost.

Anesthetic is subjective. Looking better is the right move. Most people buy things for their value not for their absolute beauty and most good looking stuff are overpriced. btw, I assume you know Dell brought mass production PCs out of boring beige color. (p.s. I prefer != over <>)

Sorry to disappoint you but Dell's most revenues are still from large corporations and organizations which buy computer in quantity of hundreds or thousands and replace/upgrade them regularly. They either barely need any tech support other than expressly delivered replacement parts, or buy on-site/local support. If average consumers let Dell survive, just as you said, why did Dell move business support call center back to US (for better qualify) and still leave home user call center abroad? I have to agree with you that most Dell tech support are morons, so are similarly paid tech support at other companies and that is to be expected. My understanding is that troubleshooting problems over the phone is more or less useless. What should be discussed over the phone is either easy technical problems or arrange further diagnostic (get parts, remote diagnostic, setup appointment for local facility visit or on-site visit, setup for mail-in service, etc.) There is nothing wrong with "付費多少決定服務質量". Apple customers are the happiest because they paid for that.

Dell is going to be like Wal-Mart, which is not a good thing in terms of market monopoly, consumer choices, employee benefits, etc.

You cannot make me shut up:) I say what I would like to say/write. You have the rights of not reading it though. You are welcome to discuss issues. You will be ignored if you only want to be mean.

所有跟帖: 

Are you kicking your own ass? -15619- 給 15619 發送悄悄話 (386 bytes) () 12/16/2005 postreply 09:43:22

I can't. Can you? -CutOnce- 給 CutOnce 發送悄悄話 (171 bytes) () 12/16/2005 postreply 09:56:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”