Best is to use power line adapters and set second router in ap m

來源: wwni60 2014-01-06 13:21:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1546 bytes)
My set up is to use 3 routers and 3 powerline adaptoers.  The main router is set as wireless router placed in a corner of main floor. Two old routers (one is a very old dsl router) are set as access point (AP) mode, one placed in the oposit corner of the house and other placed in the basement.  Each router is connected to powerline adapter through the router's LAN (not WAN) port.  Now I have five bars on all my gadgets (laptops, phones, ipads ...).  The network speed depends on the hardware (router, powerline adaptor and wirless card on devices),  in my case, in the range of 100 to 300 Mb/s.
Another advantage is that you can use the second router as a switch, i.e., the remaining 3 lan ports can be used for wired connections.

The set up is very simple:

Main router (your bester router)
   set the DHCP address range from 1 to 200 (e.g., start at 198.168.1.1 to 198.168.1.200)

Old routers
  set the SSID identical to your main router
  set the network security and password identical to your main router (not router login password)
  Disable DHCP
  set ip addess outside of your main router range (e.g., 198.168.1.210)
  set the wireless chanel different (far apart) from the main router

That's it.

所有跟帖: 

thanks! -雞毛蒜皮- 給 雞毛蒜皮 發送悄悄話 雞毛蒜皮 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/07/2014 postreply 15:37:44

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”