讓我們來看看InfiniBand的遠見。至於何時能用於個人電腦,在於其性價比何時能被大眾接受,一己之見,歡迎探討。

來源: star-sun 2012-12-01 15:23:53 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3245 bytes)

讓我們來看看InfiniBand的遠見。至於何時能用於個人電腦,在於其性價比何時能被大眾接受,一己之見,歡迎探討。

Let's read InfiniBand's Vision. Whether it can be practically deployed into PC world depends on the price/performance ratio, I think.

InfiniBand was originally envisioned[by whom?] as a comprehensive "system area network" that would connect CPUs and provide all high speed I/O for "back-office" applications. In this role it would potentially replace just about every datacenter I/O standard including PCI, Fibre Channel, and various networks like Ethernet. Instead, all of the CPUs and peripherals would be connected into a single pan-datacenter switched InfiniBand fabric. This vision offered a number of advantages in addition to greater speed, not the least of which is that I/O workload would be largely lifted from computer and storage. In theory, this should make the construction of clusters much easier, and potentially less expensive, because more devices could be shared and they could be easily moved around as workloads shifted. Proponents of a less comprehensive vision saw InfiniBand as a pervasive, low latency, high bandwidth, low overhead interconnect for commercial datacenters, albeit one that might perhaps only connect servers and storage to each other, while leaving more local connections to other protocols and standards such as PCI.[citation needed]

As of 2009 InfiniBand has become a popular interconnect for high-performance computing, and its adoption as seen in the TOP500 supercomputers list is faster than Ethernet.[6] In the recent years InfiniBand has been increasingly adopted in the enterprise datacenters.

for more details, check out this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfiniBand

所有跟帖: 

個人家用根本用不到那個帶寬,最厲害的HD SDI視頻采集每秒也就200MB -uscdude- 給 uscdude 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/01/2012 postreply 16:47:47

假想:一位垂危的病人,正在舊金山醫院裏做遠程3D的X射線斷層成像(CT scan),需要一位正在斯德哥爾摩的家中度假的著名醫生在 -star-sun- 給 star-sun 發送悄悄話 star-sun 的博客首頁 (606 bytes) () 12/02/2012 postreply 10:28:15

你這個與家用電腦幾乎沒什麽關係。如果有你說的必要,醫院應當有錢買更好的電腦,可能還會有dedicated line。 -老忽叔叔- 給 老忽叔叔 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2012 postreply 13:52:58

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”