回複:which laptop I should choose?

來源: playForever 2011-05-15 21:07:04 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1603 bytes)
回答: which laptop I should choose?rockcream2011-05-15 13:02:30

After I started using business grade laptops(Dell Latitude or Lenovo Thinkpad), I feel I will never go back to none business grade laptops. Here are the few things that I notice are much better.

* Wireless receiption is better than cheaper ones. My friend bought a cheap laptop for his parents(Compaq). The wireless connection always got disconnected due to the weak signal. His old Thinkpad T61 never had the problem.

* Keyboard is much more comfortable to type.

* LCD is better. From viewing angle, brightness to constrast ratio. Business grade usually always better than cheap ones.

Overall, I would say business ones are MUCH MUCH more solid. I often see people having problems with their Dell Inspiron after a couple of years. Dell Latitude never gave me the problem. Actually, one exception, I got D630 which has Nvidia GPU. The GPU had well known problem after 2-3 years. I got motherboard replacement from Dell for free. Dell Latitude by default has 3 years warranty.

The price for the business grade is just a couple of hundred dollar more expensive if you can find a good deal. I remember last week Thinkpad T420 was around $600 with the latest Sandy Bridge CPU, which should be really good to do video encode/decoding. Check some of the review about Sandy Bridge CPU. You know how good it is. Dell also often has 15-20% coupon for the refurbished Latitude from its outlet(many still have close to 3 year  warranty). I like the dell ones because its driver support is quite convenient or I am just used to its driver download page.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”